Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/04/division-2-hands-on-preview

After a number of hours with The Division 2, here’s the conclusion I came to: the game world looks mostly gorgeous and I still have a good time in this gameplay loop, but I just wish it felt like a bit newer of an experience. Also, my supposed super-power weapon turned out to be surprisingly underwhelming, as it couldn’t even kill a single target. Still, The Division is all about min-maxing your gear and finding ways to steamroll your opponents. We look forward to doing more of that and telling you about it when The Division 2 hits next month.

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
The problem with the 1st one (other then changing everything about it 5 times) is the amount of time you have to put in to just get 1 good gear set, shit got repetitive real quick, plus i dont have the time to grind like the hardcore nerds do

Will probably rent from redbox

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Level 17 so far, haven’t had a ton of time to play. The game so far as buttery smooth for me. The npc’s seem way more difficult than 1. Play style and everything is pretty much the same. Graphics are great. They have made quite a few changes as far as how everything works... the dark zone is different, going rouge is different, the gear menu, skills, and talents are a little different. So far I’m really enjoying the game. They have clans now as well and stuff to complete as clans which just ads more things to do. The amount of different kinds of loot you find all over the city is insane.

All in all they probably need to tweet a few things, but I really don’t have anything I hate about the game. Definitely worth it if you enjoyed the first one.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Never played the first but this seems to be getting alot of positive attention.

It’s a game best with friends and is a grind. It’s the not your typical shooter and you need to have team work and good strategy for raids and such to get the best gear/weapons possible.

It’s not everyone’s play style, if you get mad you can’t one shot guys in the head, this isn’t for you.

But if you just want to do solo stuff I’d wait for a price drop and just go through the campaign/story. It is very good and well written.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I played the first 1 and really enjoyed it. I always played with one of my cousins and we would do the campaign, dark zone, and anything else. There were a few things here and there that weren't that great but I had a lot of fun. I'm thinking of picking up the 2nd one but right now there's other things I rather use my money on.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Almost 45 hours into the game. Overall, its crazy addictive. I can lose hours at a time just doing side stuff and grinding levels. There are some instances of the AI feeling ungodly unbalanced but often times its my own damn fault for being aggressive or leaving a spot open for the enemy to get too close.

Loving it over all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info