A good 7.3 article

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I have the 1st turbo 7.3 210 HP, and for the time, it's bad ass.
Obviously my newer one is a completely different animal, and holy frick compared to a modern engine, not even in the same ball park!!!
I tow a big ass mini stacker that weighs ~12,000 lbs and the old one does just fine.
Take off is much much slower, but I'll take reliability any day!!!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I loved my 7.3 trucks, been trying to track down another one just because reasons.

Cool 7.3 story. I’m kinda “Generaling” a renovation at my grandmas house so we can list it for sale. The finish carpenter and drywall guy I’m using is the father of two kids I went to preschool-8th grade with. He bought his latest truck, an 01 7.3 new. I remember thinking it was badass in like 4th grade. He’s still driving it, just turned 340,000 on him without any major issues.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I loved my 7.3 trucks, been trying to track down another one just because reasons.

Cool 7.3 story. I’m kinda “Generaling” a renovation at my grandmas house so we can list it for sale. The finish carpenter and drywall guy I’m using is the father of two kids I went to preschool-8th grade with. He bought his latest truck, an 01 7.3 new. I remember thinking it was badass in like 4th grade. He’s still driving it, just turned 340,000 on him without any major issues.
How’s the body still together? My friends father still has his 00 super duty and it’s on like it’s 3rd bed (lived in Des Plaines and now lives in twin lakes). That thing is over 350k on it and the cab is what’s dying now (cab corners and rockers)

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I recently found a gooder body and bed for mine, but I can't buy until the 6.0 sells. Even though mine is PMR I know I've got a half a million mile engine here. It is so clean running and tight. I still believe my trans is original as is the injectors (of which show zero signs of wear). I will never get rid of this truck.

I see these all day every day with 350-400k on original engines. This truly was the best v8 diesel ever made

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
How’s the body still together? My friends father still has his 00 super duty and it’s on like it’s 3rd bed (lived in Des Plaines and now lives in twin lakes). That thing is over 350k on it and the cab is what’s dying now (cab corners and rockers)

It’s showing it’s age. Has fender flares undoubtedly covering rust. Doors aren’t bad and cab corners are still in tact. He’s a car guy, so it’s peobably regularly washed and shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info