Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After rethinking my ways and having various members reach out, I have moved TV and Movie threads back to their own section (gaming and tech will remain in Off Topic as normal).

You can find the TV and Movies section as a subforum of Off Topic (at the top of the Off Topic forum or via the main forum listing).

Threads will still be tagged as normal (I need to fix that) and they will show up as normal via Live Feed and New Posts.

Going forward, PLEASE POST TV AND MOVIES THREADS IN THEIR APPROPRIATE SECTION.

https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/tv-movies/

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
VYJUH2T.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I thought we were getting a forum update.... Many members want this.

:trump:

:io:

Only one person caught on to my update teaser in my New Years thread. An update to xenforo IS being considered. It would be a sizeable change so I'm weighing my options currently and doing some research.

I pretty familiar with Xen as a member (from another site) and while its nice for use on mobile, its not THAT much better compared to the ancient version of VB we're on now. But there are small things that do make a difference.

If we update, it will happen in the Spring.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm a die-hard 'New Post' user. I rarely search for content. I'll pretty much read anything that anyone posts.

Same, I don't understand the other ways to look. I'm a simpleton.

This doesnt affect power users...but there have been many requests for a place to find tv and movie threads...and most dont use or understand how to use the prefix system so segregating these off will please some folks.

Plus its easy work and doesn't cost me any $$$.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its possible...I never like to take donations but this will likely end up being a couple hundo. The license for Xen is 160 + whatever adds ons....along with whatever I toss Jack's way to handle the mess that will come along with it.

Once hes back from vacation, I'm gonna pick his brain some more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info