The Chicago Garage

The Chicago Garage (https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Napkin Phenomenon (https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/off-topic/166860-napkin-phenomenon.html)

IZZy 01-02-2019 07:43 PM

I was under the assumption everybody grabbed extra and put them in their glove box lol

Bub 01-02-2019 08:29 PM

For what those fucks charge for guac they're lucky I don't grab all those lemon wedges and hot sauce and throw them out too. Fuck them and their recycled sawdust napkins getting almost $3 for s tiddly wink scoop of guac.

Great White Drake 01-02-2019 08:51 PM

I’ll admit I’m that guy and I don’t care. I also will never use the top drink lid in a stack. I count down a few, grab the 6th or 7th one and throw away the others on top. I throw them away because I touched them, it’s also why I grab the 7th one. I don’t want someone else’s shitty fingers near my drink.

DEEZUZ 01-02-2019 09:30 PM

Yea if I touch something while getting my own I toss it

Sprayin 01-02-2019 09:34 PM

:rofl: the shit the people who are making your food touch is so much worse you psychos

TonzKnock-G 01-02-2019 11:51 PM

I always grab extra and keep them at my desk. Never go to waste.

LikeABauce302 01-03-2019 12:10 PM

If you touch the door handle and don't wash or sanitize your hands right away, you've already been exposed to every germ and bacteria from all of the other patrons anyhow. Public places are gross. I try not to think about it and just wash my hands as often as I can.

radioguy6 01-03-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABauce302 (Post 3846917)
If you touch the door handle and don't wash or sanitize your hands right away, you've already been exposed to every germ and bacteria from all of the other patrons anyhow. Public places are gross. I try not to think about it and just wash my hands as often as I can.

I use the kick plate as much as possible to open every public door. Door handles are a petri dish of nasty.

Broke EF 01-03-2019 02:00 PM

I came in here thinking that this was going to actually be the napkin ring problem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napkin_ring_problem

But this may be better :) I will admit that at Chipotle specifically I take a ton of napkins, but we use them at home. I really don't get people who do what you are talking about and take a bunch that they throw away. One or two extra I can understand, but I have seen people throw a stack away. When I go to a drive through and they give me however many, I almost always keep the extras. Either in the glove compartment of my car, or in a drawer at work. Both have come in clutch more than once.

If you take an inch stack of napkins and think you may actually use them all you should just eat from a trough.


Sean

DEEZUZ 01-03-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABauce302 (Post 3846917)
If you touch the door handle and don't wash or sanitize your hands right away, you've already been exposed to every germ and bacteria from all of the other patrons anyhow. Public places are gross. I try not to think about it and just wash my hands as often as I can.

Resistent infections in your future. Let your body do its job and ward off against shit.

N20GT 01-03-2019 02:23 PM

You wasteful bastards. I try to use the least amount of plastic/paper possible.

As previously mentioned...you're not sparing yourself any germs by throwing a bunch of shit away...the teenager at the counter probably wiped his pimpled face with a gloved hand 8 seconds before making your food

Enjoy your burrito bowl

radioguy6 01-03-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL (Post 3847053)
Resistent infections in your future. Let your body do its job and ward off against shit.

touching a fecal covered door knob once and a while, but I like to believe 3 decades of drinking lake Michigan tap water has built immunity too.

blakbearddelite 01-03-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL (Post 3847053)
Resistent infections in your future. Let your body do its job and ward off against shit.

Exactly, hand sanitizers will cost you your life. The worst thing you can do for your immune system is to coddle it. They need to fight their own battles. If our employers really cared about our well-being, they would set up hand de-sanitizing stations. A simple bowl at every juncture filled with dirt, vomit, fecal matter. Exposing yourself to germs is the best way to make yourself strong. The principle is sound. To avoid illness, expose yourself to germs, enabling your immune system to develop antibodies. I don’t know why everyone doesn’t do this. Maybe they have something against living forever.

DEEZUZ 01-03-2019 02:45 PM

well.... thats kind of.... extreme but yea!

greasy 01-03-2019 03:48 PM

It is pretty coming knowledge that the over use of antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers makes your body way less effective at fighting off germs and viruses.

Bruce Jibboo 01-03-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakbearddelite (Post 3847070)
Exactly, hand sanitizers will cost you your life. The worst thing you can do for your immune system is to coddle it. They need to fight their own battles. If our employers really cared about our well-being, they would set up hand de-sanitizing stations. A simple bowl at every juncture filled with dirt, vomit, fecal matter. Exposing yourself to germs is the best way to make yourself strong. The principle is sound. To avoid illness, expose yourself to germs, enabling your immune system to develop antibodies. I donít know why everyone doesnít do this. Maybe they have something against living forever.

did u copy/paste this or you been doing health research? :rofl:

blakbearddelite 01-03-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Jibboo (Post 3847122)
did u copy/paste this or you been doing health research? :rofl:

Courtesy of my friend, Dwight.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vRuherflzu3NS/200.gif


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.