motor trend TV

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Time to buy motortrend on demand. They’re new on there. Newest one was ls na build vs ls just turbo build and then built with turbo. It’s cheaper than Netflix and you get to watch so many other shows now. Anything that was in velocity was on there.

Also wasn’t powernation on spike? It wasn’t on velocity ever....

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Also wasn’t powernation on spike? It wasn’t on velocity ever....

technically paramount network.. but yeah

I stopped watching all those shows in high school. It's funny cause you can clearly catch who still watches these shows while listening to people talking at car shows and shit.

but its so entertaining!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I dig all the Roadkill network originals: Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Hot Rod Garage, Dirt Everyday, Engine Masters. I paid $4.99 a month just to see those a week or so in advance. And even after Discovery acquired them, the originals are all I continue to watch. And the vintage racing events (Festival Of Speed, Monterey Classics, etc). But, yeah, they stopped bringing new episodes to YouTube and instead make them free on MTOnDemand (with ads) after a month. YouTube has been squeezing more and more money out of productions, and ad dollars have been weaker, so they decided to jump ship. Can't say I blame them, especially with their high production quality - drones, track rentals, a big crew. For a car guy, however, I think they have one of the most compelling subscription models out there of any streaming service.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
My single complaint is the app is buggy once you close it and open it back up. It’ll restart if I open it up to pause the show. Small annoyance but it could be better. Now that velocity is part of it you can catch up on any of those shows since they’re all mostly on there.

Oh I wish they had a playlist option like YouTube had instead of having to start another episode. Maybe they do but I haven’t found it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The Roku app is garbage too. Won’t save when you pause, leave and come back, and it takes forever to load. Plus, episodes take longer to arrive at the Roku app than the website. So I’ll have my feed blowing up with “New episode!” and can’t watch it on my TV until a half-day later.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The Roku app is garbage too. Won’t save when you pause, leave and come back, and it takes forever to load. Plus, episodes take longer to arrive at the Roku app than the website. So I’ll have my feed blowing up with “New episode!” and can’t watch it on my TV until a half-day later.
I just cast to my tv from the app. Can’t you cast to a roku? Might be worth the $30 for a chrome cast if you can’t.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I just cast to my tv from the app. Can’t you cast to a roku? Might be worth the $30 for a chrome cast if you can’t.

Is there a way to do that from the iPhone? I honestly haven’t looked into it. That’s what I did when I had Apple TV and Chromecast, but I like the simplicity of just having a Roku TV without any extra peripherals, cables or inputs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info