Post your home computer desk setup

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So being inspired by the PC setup and currently trying to rearrange my desk at home, I was wondering what other people's desks look like.

I currently live in a condo and basically have one corner in the living room for my stuff. :rofl: I have a L shaped desk but have my PC, my hobby/projects, and my 3D printer all on this desk. Its kinda cramped. My case is currently on the floor under the computer, but want to bring it up to the desk for more storage under the desk, and to try and keep the cabling for everything more clean. Along with better access to the case for plugging and unplugging things.

Lets see the setups and let me pluck ideas please. :jg:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I just bought an 8’ table and drawers from ikea. It’s enough room to grow and add a larger monitor. I put up some cube things on the wall (where Batman is) for knickknacks.
2e42b13612148bc4bfafeb7b3ec82f67.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
We had that IKEA table desk for a few years. Held up well and did the job for a reasonable amount of cash. I wall mounted my monitor on an arm to free up even more desk space.

That setup is long gone though, we have a laptop now that floats around so not much help...

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
You buy the top, the legs and the drawer section (which takes place of the legs). They come in different lengths and finishes (and a corner option I think). The drawer piece I want to say was like $60-80 and the top was cheap, like $40.
I also went cheap with ikea. Found this in the cheapo return section for like $20. 5ft wide and 3ft deep. Legs were already on it. Works great for mounting monitors to.

Also have a side rolling tray/desk for extra space when needed.

Excuse the mess. Needs to be cleaned and in the process of re-cabling

IMG_20181222_145550.jpeg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I don't feel like cleaning up my desk for a pic. Though I probably will at some point.

However, here is the desk when old.

Its actually some cubical furniture from Work that was going to be thrown out. Standard Corner piece with extensions.

Only real changes are of course the computers crap on the desk, and the fact that power strips and cables are now off the floor and screwed to the backplate of the desk. So the cables are off the floor.

46372946432_ac90d2dd16_o.jpg

I like the desk because its big. It gives me enough room to have my work laptop off to the side.

Running whatever Ubuntu please there was when Tron: Legacy was released. :)

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
And JUST because. How about a PC from the early 2000s!!!!

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1ghz, I think. Look at that Yuuge 21" CRT! Look at the Giant Cube YY21 cube server case.

What you can't hear is the Delta 60mm CPU HSF screaming like a hair drier. :lmao:

And LoL @ the 3 CD/CDR, and DVD drives.

31484004767_b374c70d87_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info