Do you worry about your online / tech privacy?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Our data has been passed around like a whore for years now man. Aint nothing gonna change that. I know my shit is being used and collected...but at this point, I could give two fucks. As long as my SSN and banking info is safe, thats all I give a crap about.

If these companies want to know how pathetic my life is, let them.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Our data has been passed around like a whore for years now man. Aint nothing gonna change that. I know my shit is being used and collected...but at this point, I could give two fucks. As long as my SSN and banking info is safe, thats all I give a crap about.

If these companies want to know how pathetic my life is, let them.
Well the less people put up with it, the less it will happen in the future. I aint going to just lay down without a fight when it comes to my privacy.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
pfffffffffffffffffft

you have a gmail account, you have an xbox, you have instagram, snapchat, etc etc...your privacy is already in the shitter.
No instagram app. If i use it, it's through a browser

Gmail im getting away from, i use protonmail now.

Xbox...who cares, i dont put anything on my xbox.

Snapchat i wish i could use without the app, very close to ditching it too. Maybe use it once a week.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
No instagram app. If i use it, it's through a browser

Gmail im getting away from, i use protonmail now.

Xbox...who cares, i dont put anything on my xbox.

Snapchat i wish i could use without the app, very close to ditching it too. Maybe use it once a week.

So by signing up for those services you haven't given them some of your personal data, right? :mamoru:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So by signing up for those services you haven't given them some of your personal data, right? :mamoru:
What personal data? My phone number for snapchat and email for instagram....thats it. I dont use real name on either service.

Gmail is the only one that has access to anything more and that is why im moving to proton....

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
If they want data on you, they'll get it no matter how hard you try to stop them. Especially since you own a house, soon as you bought that house, Game Over pal.
Oh yeah? So how are they getting encrypted messages? Magic software that doesnt exist?

How does buying a house do anything? I don't even need to live there technically...i could buy 100s houses....your point doesn't have one....

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I wish I had Matt as secret Santa. I would've bought him a second set of eyes to put on the back of his head. People are out to straight up get him
Nah, I'm not worried about people out to get me. I just believe in stronger security and privacy since the tools are readily available nowadays.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info