Recommend me a decent indoor security camera

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Do you have an alarm? If so, you can probably run it through your alarm cell transmitter. I use alarm.com at home and can add cameras to my system and monitor it remotely if I wanted. The only change would be adding the cameras and a higher tier monitoring package. My brother's company does this type of stuff if you are interested.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
the problem with Hotspot will be if it requires any special port forwarding. Not sure how much configuration is possible but in theory that would work.

Nest cam + hotspot. Or if the warehouse has wired internet, just add a Wifi Access point to get wifi in the warehouse near where the camera will be and use the internet from the warehouse.

The nest is the easiest way but it is subscription based and only works on motion alerts. Data usage is all dependent on the amount of motion and alerts.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Do you have an alarm? If so, you can probably run it through your alarm cell transmitter. I use alarm.com at home and can add cameras to my system and monitor it remotely if I wanted. The only change would be adding the cameras and a higher tier monitoring package. My brother's company does this type of stuff if you are interested.

No alarm. I'm starting to think I need to make a call to some of the internet providers and see what the cost is to get internet service in my whse instead of the hotspot. Probably will work out better for everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info