Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My sister currently has a 6 and its kind of a pile of shit now. With her using it a ton to chat with my mom and with the kids using it a ton..its worn out.

My mom wants to get her a new phone...and by new I mean used but near mint. A X and above is out of the question so its either gonna be a 7 or 8.

Is there a major difference between the two? Which should we go with? Prices on both are about 100 difference (when looking at MINT)....Is it worth getting the plus on either? Shes got tiny chick hands so Im guessing no...

Seeking advice. Gracias.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Get the 8. The 7 is already "old" so it's going to start seeing a slow down.

If I get this stupid case resolved with Paypal and they let me keep the phone (Paypal or myself haven't been able to get a hold of the seller), I may have a clean 8 256GB for sale. I'd let it go cheap if they let me keep it.

Food for thought.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'd get the plus. I have 2 8's right now (work and personal) and my GF has the 8plus. The regular 8's feel small, the extra size is nice, but certainly not required. 8plus is probably a hair bigger than Galaxy S5/6, but functionally no difference between the 8 and 8plus

Also, definitely go with the 8, as stated above, the 7's will start slowing down to unusability soon.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Get the 8. The 7 is already "old" so it's going to start seeing a slow down.

If I get this stupid case resolved with Paypal and they let me keep the phone (Paypal or myself haven't been able to get a hold of the seller), I may have a clean 8 256GB for sale. I'd let it go cheap if they let me keep it.

Food for thought.

Hope it resolves soon. We do our Christmas on the 22nd so I would need to know pretty quick.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Go with the newest model/tech you can afford. Apples updates will make the older phones way too annoying to deal with. With my old 6S Plus it got to the point where I would always miss calls, texts wouldn't come through, it was slow as dog shit, the battery would drain instantly.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Go with the newest model/tech you can afford. Apples updates will make the older phones way too annoying to deal with. With my old 6S Plus it got to the point where I would always miss calls, texts wouldn't come through, it was slow as dog shit, the battery would drain instantly.

That's what happened with Megan's 6S. Thing was a slow piece of garbage but I think it also had to do with her leaving it on low power mode exclusively, ALL the time.

Hope it resolves soon. We do our Christmas on the 22nd so I would need to know pretty quick.

I'll let you know, it says it will be resolved on Dec 17. I also don't know if I have to send the phone back to the reseller or to Paypal as a "here we gave you your money back, give us the phone."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info