Anyone work for comcast ?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Their pricing sucks, hoping I can find someone that can wheel and deal a little.
Dude at the store was a dick. Then someone called me an offered a shit deal and I told him what they had at the store and he said go back there, different departments have different prices.

What it comes down to is 150mb internet, HD, DVR, 1 TV only and I have my own modem, no movie channels and they still want $150+ a month. All I want is some damn Disney jr, animal planet and whatever else kids watch

I'm on the fence of doing youtube tv for $40 and comcast $65 internet. But dont want to give up the voice remote and simplicity.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I think there was one guy here, but, he got banned for being a twat waffle.

Otherwise, everyone just says to make a simple phone call and BAM, you pay less than $100 for super fast service with all the channels (end sarcasm)

We've tried over the years and have just settled with our bill.

Good luck.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Our bill with Comcast just went up like $20-$30. Wife called and bitched.
Gave them the "we are gonna go somewhere else blah blah blah".
All she was offered was 3 months of free HBO.
Honestly I have been happy as shit with their product since we made the switch a year ago. So might just have to suck it up and pay.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Our bill with Comcast just went up like $20-$30. Wife called and bitched.
Gave them the "we are gonna go somewhere else blah blah blah".
All she was offered was 3 months of free HBO.
Honestly I have been happy as shit with their product since we made the switch a year ago. So might just have to suck it up and pay.

That's how it was with me. They basically told me to deal with it and when I said I'm gonna cancel they tried calling me out on it..... I cancelled.

DirecTv was the same way with the premium channels. They only offered 22/month off for 6 months. Nothing better. When Mike (@mook) calls them, they give him everything he wants and then some. I got sick of it and went to Sling TV.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I switched to YouTube TV from DirecTV here at work. It's very nice, but one drawback is you can't channel surf, or flip back and forth between two channels, at least not with the Roku device I'm using.

Still it's half the price of the shit "package" I had with DirecTV and has more channels. It's also HD and I only had SD with DirecTV. Sling actually looks like it might be better though, so I might switch later down the road. That's another nice thing about YouTube TV, Sling or most other streaming service, there are no long term contracts. I can use one for a month or three, then cancel it and switch to something else.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Sling usually has deals where you pay for the first 3 months up front and you get a Roku device. I used that to get one device for my kids' bedroom, then bought one myself, and bought the best Roku device I could for the main tv. What sucks is that there is no longer any HBO since AT&T is being greedy and can't reach an agreement now that AT&T basically owns HBO from the Time Warner merger.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Seems they don’t fall for the “I’m gonna cancel” threat as much anymore, my promo rate expired so I called and told them I would cancel and they didn’t even try to keep me, basically they said K bye

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I think there was one guy here, but, he got banned for being a twat waffle.

Otherwise, everyone just says to make a simple phone call and BAM, you pay less than $100 for super fast service with all the channels (end sarcasm)

We've tried over the years and have just settled with our bill.

Good luck.

Going to take a wild guess and say it was Chad

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I was paying over 200 a month and changed my plan. Started a new one. More channels too for like 160 a month for the first 12 months.

I have 150 mb internet service with this plan. And I changed it all on their website. Fuck talking to them on the phone.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I was paying over 200 a month and changed my plan. Started a new one. More channels too for like 160 a month for the first 12 months.

I have 150 mb internet service with this plan. And I changed it all on their website. Fuck talking to them on the phone.
Ive found that you can get deals on the website by resigning a new contract. It doesnt even care that you are an existing customer. I did the same thing like halfway through first contract, $10 more a month for faster internet, more channels and starz movie channels. Renewed for 2 years under new plan

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
It's nice that Comcast keeps upping my internet speed. I think I'm up to 150 mbps now.

Here's a question, I have a DOCSIS 3.0 surfboard modem. It works fine. When I was having issues with my router, and called Comcast to do a modem reset, they kept banging on about upgrading my modem. Is going 3.1 worth it right now, given that my current modem seems to be giving me the advertised speeds?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
It's nice that Comcast keeps upping my internet speed. I think I'm up to 150 mbps now.

Here's a question, I have a DOCSIS 3.0 surfboard modem. It works fine. When I was having issues with my router, and called Comcast to do a modem reset, they kept banging on about upgrading my modem. Is going 3.1 worth it right now, given that my current modem seems to be giving me the advertised speeds?
Nope. Only need 3.1 at 300mbps +

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Nope. Only need 3.1 at 300mbps +

Looks like docsis 3.0 can go up to 1GB. Depends on the modem specs

OK good. The 3.1's aren't super cheap or readily available yet. I do like the idea of a 1GB cable service. Seems more attainable than fiber, especially since there's no fiber in my area, and no plan for fiber.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
OK good. The 3.1's aren't super cheap or readily available yet. I do like the idea of a 1GB cable service. Seems more attainable than fiber, especially since there's no fiber in my area, and no plan for fiber.
The 1gb cable service I thought was their fiber option.

I just want equal upload to my download...having 12Mbps upload is trash

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The 1gb cable service I thought was their fiber option.

I just want equal upload to my download...having 12Mbps upload is trash

Oh I thought they'd be able to do, 1GB through the cable, at least that's what it sounded like

But yeah I agree, I'm only seeing 10MBPS upload, which sucks.

Also it looks like my modem (it being 5+ years old) is only good up to 172 MBPS (ARRIS SURFboard SB6121)

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Oh I thought they'd be able to do, 1GB through the cable, at least that's what it sounded like

But yeah I agree, I'm only seeing 10MBPS upload, which sucks.

Also it looks like my modem (it being 5+ years old) is only good up to 172 MBPS (ARRIS SURFboard SB6121)

So you are close to maxing your modem out with the 150Mbps service

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
So you are close to maxing your modem out with the 150Mbps service

Yeah looks like it. We'll see if I see another speed bump and might just have to go with the 3.1 anyways.

Got my new Google router/mini switch combo going on now, and it's been great. No issues at all with speed or connection, although the initial install was a little annoying because the modem didn't (and kind of still doesn't) recognize it's connected to a router, but now it's pushing internet, so I'm not going to fuck with it to just to get the light from blue to orange :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info