TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Note: This is not the passenger harness was loose hang gliding story.

This instructor loosened his own harness and intentionally plummeted to his death. His student was then forced to land the hang glider under what must have been difficult conditions (with the instructor jumping off and all).

Bad week for hang gliding.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I guess it could have been worse, he could have just prevented the other guy from opening the chute. That's still a shit head thing to do. I hope the survivor ends up suing the company. Though I don't know how the company could screen better for suicidal tendencies. I know pilots have to undergo some psychological screening, not sure about how often.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
instructor to student

giphy.gif

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I guess it could have been worse, he could have just prevented the other guy from opening the chute. That's still a shit head thing to do. I hope the survivor ends up suing the company. Though I don't know how the company could screen better for suicidal tendencies. I know pilots have to undergo some psychological screening, not sure about how often.

Unless the instructor mispacked the parachute and disabled it most of them auto open as a safety feature. I'm sure it's a rough landing, but it's better than falling to one's death.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info