new orleans

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Stay out of alleys and dark spots of that area. Cafe Du Monde is a landmark to stop at for some coffee and what is essentially a good fluffy doughnut. The aquarium was a cool place. Bourbon street is alright for some booze and food. A lot of good places to eat down there. Just an FYI... if you have beads on and it isn't Mardi Gras, then you will stand out as a tourist. A couple good places down there for charbroiled oysters if you like those.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Don’t play Cajun bingo

i enjoyed watching scam city but apparently a lot of it is faked, wonder how much of the new orleans stuff was.

i got duped by the istanbul let's have a drink scam, also by guys that did it super smoothly. that scam be rampant, after 41 days in istanbul i can tell you exactly what to do to guarantee one of those scammers walks up to you on the street lol.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
so, i'd

1. check out some cemeteries - they are above ground due to the water table. probably neat if you've seen some like this before, although really cool if you haven't seen any like this yet.

2. look up a walking tour to go on - i generally enjoy these various places i've been. a lot of mine have been at night. given the history you could probably find a cheesy haunted type one in new orleans or a cool one. i did a 'haunted' type on in chicago one night, which was mostly on bus too, which i'd give a big meh too... but most of the time i've enjoyed these tours. really going to be all up to the quality of your tour guide and worth a tip if they are great.

3. i always check out atlas obscura before i go visit a new place these days - https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/new-orleans-louisiana

4. check out airbnb experiences, these are kinda new and some cool stuff might show up https://www.airbnb.com/s/New-Orlean...guests=1&place_id=ChIJZYIRslSkIIYRtNMiXuhbBts

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
dont get a hooker that has a dick hiding in her crotch area.
No joke, I was in New Orleans 15 or so years ago and there was a strip club in the middle of Bourbon Street. We were walking past and there was a decent looking stripper in a dress, but she was kind of tall. She waved, we waved back...and then she lifted up her dress and had a dick hanging there. We laughed our asses off!

Was called Papa Joe's or something like that, not sure if it's still there.

So definitely beware of trannies if you are going on the hunt for ladies down there!

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
i enjoyed watching scam city but apparently a lot of it is faked, wonder how much of the new orleans stuff was.

i got duped by the istanbul let's have a drink scam, also by guys that did it super smoothly. that scam be rampant, after 41 days in istanbul i can tell you exactly what to do to guarantee one of those scammers walks up to you on the street lol.

I enjoyed it too but figured it had to be somewhat staged, it would be hard to catch those situations on TV randomly

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Was there last year. Bourbon is fun for a night but more than that is too much. It smells like a mixture of puke, piss and stale milk. It’s fucking disgusting.

Our first night, we went to Pat O’B’s and had 4-5 hurricanes and a muffuletta. Don’t remember much of the night past that.

Some places we ate at were Tujague’s (too stiff, not recommended), Mulate’s (bomb ass Cajun food and live band. Highly recommend), Daisy Duke’s (the epitome of casual and cheap - recommended), and Cafe du Monde for Beignets.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Agree with others, been there, done that, no plans to return.

Place is definitely a dump, smelled like piss on Bourbon street, etc...

Cafe Du Monde as was mentioned for a beignet and coffee, other than that just get wasted on Bourbon Street one night and there you go.

Oh, definitely get an Alligator Po Boy while you’re there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info