Japan Rally - Tokyo to Osaka

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
My neighbor and I participated in a road rally last weekend from Tokyo to Osaka. Event is by a company just starting out called WorldXSeries who is apparently starting some of these in multiple places around the world.

Took a few photos and had a really good time - got to drive the hell out of the GTR for more then just a trip to work or the store for once.

I was planning on being back in time to show up early and have the staff put the stickers on the car once I arrived. I ended up needing to extend my trip in Russia and left there on Wednesday morning, got home Thursday morning to take a shower and then literally jumped in the car, grabbed my buddy and drove 7.5 hours from Kobe to Tokyo just in time for the welcome party. Made for an interesting experience with the jet lag initially.

Guy who went with me came over and put the decals on the car a few days before - apparently it took a couple hours.

IMG_4722.jpg

Didn’t get any good photos of the car all stickered up so took a few when I got home - car was getting pretty filthy by the time the event was over - back of the car was starting to turn black.

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

Hit the road and stopped a couple times on the way for fuel and to stretch the legs. We basically bombed to Tokyo as fast as possible.

HsMdSal.jpg

Got to the Tokyo Hilton to find some other cars parked in the front lot and just in time for the welcome party.

IMG_4774.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
IMG_4868.jpg

For the path out of the city we drove convoy style directly through the Shinjuku district. It’s basically one of the busiest areas of Tokyo and where you will see those videos with thousands of people crossing in the crosswalks. Fortunately it was Friday morning so not too bad. Was interesting trying to keep everyone all together.

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

Finally got out on the highway and started goofing around a bit and getting some shots of the fun.

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4967.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
After that last fuel stop we all hauled ass the rest of the way to Osaka. Some of the most anticipated to be boring distance there was actually quite a lot of fun.

There were quite a few highway and tunnel pulls between some of the cars and some good match ups. I was able to pull on both that Jag and Audi at about any speed but the 570S was an animal up top and I didn’t have much of a chance.

IMG_4951.jpg

Not so many pictures after that as I was too busy driving. Got back to the finish line at the Hilton, got cleaned up a bit and then to the award ceremony. Really enjoyed this and will try to do another one at some point. Met some very interesting people.

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info