Guilty pleasure bands / albums you low key listen to?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
An odd ball, but I really enjoy the TRON: Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk for work. Very little vocals, mellow enough to not get me too pumped, but not so mellow as to put me to sleep.

I don't know if I'd call it an Oddball album. Its pretty popular. But I too love it. The movie itself has one of the greatest sound designs I think I've ever heard.

If you liked Tron, grab the soundtrack to Tron: Uprising.

For relaxing I like to listen to Poets of the Fall, or stuff from composers like Thomas Bergersen. Bergersen's "Sun" album is great.
https://youtu.be/5RUsJOMK2ms?list=PL7_8KJvbYl3QZ9UWdyYA6ByWXsu0M9TjS

But I will admit to one Guilty Pleasure. The Lion King, I fucking love that soundtrack. Instrumental or Coral songs are great.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
B/c you need the gif link. If youre on your phone, tell the browser to use the desktop version of the site, and then click > copy link > gif link.

giphy.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Am on the PC.

I'll try that next time.

But, on topic, I really only listen to power metal, metal covers of hip hop songs and such and some dance/euro.

Couple of slower songs by Beast in Black like Ghost in the Rain, I listen to here and there, or like imagine dragons Demons, Bleeding out, etc.

Something too heavy, or vocals based will distract me, especially if I'm doing tedious spreadsheets or writing emails. Wouldn't normally listen to something mellow like that just driving or anywhere except for while working.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I go back to some of the Drive soundtrack on Youtube. Especially the song Nightcall by Kavinsky. That kind of the electronica retro-80's music. I ended up coming across FM84. The whole album is pretty good. Half the songs have no lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kp9_UmJmbI

I also listened to Sia before she was mainstream. I came across her clicking on Youtube links from the song Desitny by Zero Z. How also has some cool chill stuff. Anyways, clicking away I came across Sia's TV is my Parent concert. A couple of those songs she really belts out. I seem to gravitate back to her earlier stuff once in a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info