Anyone know how to

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Get the surround sound that came with the Sony DVD system currently plugged into my LG TV AV plug to default as the normal sound system?

I cannot get it to work with the HDMI chromecast connection. I have all these speakers around the bar, sub woofer, etc. It's a shame I can only hear it when using the DVD player.

If that makes any sense

20181103_190421.jpeg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What model number is the tv, arc has been around that long. I don't think it shows in the display as you posted.
Also do you have a receiver hooked up or just the dvd player?

Usually I only see “ARC” listed in the manuals and printed on the the actual tv’s physical input.

If the sound system has an hdmi input you’d connect the tv’s arc hdmi to that.

Jamesv82

Addict
TCG Premium
Mar 9, 2017
Without knowing what connects your tv and dvd player have its like throwing darts.

Your tv might have an audio out and see if the dvd player has an audio in. Use that connection type for the tv sound, next go thru the tv menu to send the audio out.

This connection would also mean that you would have to have the dvd player on during regular tv watching. Since the speakers are hooked up to the dvd player.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info