Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So with the surge in TV threads and whatnot, thought I'd start an all encompassing discussion for us to post what we have, share links to deals and reviews, etc etc.

Pretty sure I had one before but fuck it, new one never hurts.

My setup (linked what I could for more details):

TV - LG 65in B7 OLED
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A760
Speakers - ELAC Debut F5 towers, ELAC C5 Debut center, ELAC S12 sub, random Onkyo surrounds, SVS Prime Elevations,

I had everything professionally calibrated last Fall by AccuCal Audio & Video out of...Missouri if I recall.

And just for the fuck of it, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro as my consoles.

Last edited:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
TV - Samsung 60” LED (Black Friday Special)

Receiver - Yamaha RX-V383

Speakers - Polk S20 Signature Series 14” Bookshelves (Fronts) / Polk HTS 10” Subwoofer / I don’t give a fuck about surround sound ?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i have a rotel pre-amp that has an annoying 'figuring out how to decode this' hesitation when a new source starts (first second on hulu, first second on youtube after switching videos, etc) - it's pricey so i don't understand why it's this sux0r.

anyway the actually cool parts of my setup are this 75 lb monstrosity of an amplifier: RMB-1095 | Rotel

and this 55 lb 40" tall bumpy boi: Shock and awe: SVS 20-39 PC Plus subwoofer review

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
2008 Sharp Aquos 55
LCD, i think, and I can't wait for it to puke out..... Need a new Samsung or whatever 70incher with sound bar....

I just can't upgrade with the Sharp still kicking and running well.
Dam thing cost $2800 almost 11 years ago.... Wtf

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I’ve got a room in my basement that was set up with everything when we got the house. It’s got a Panasonic projector hung from the ceiling, a da-lite screen (about 7.5’x 4.5’), a Denon receiver, and 12 Bose speakers.

I know it’s not top of the line and it’s older, but it’s in a room with no windows, so it’s pretty neat. I wouldn’t have put the money into it, but it all came with the house.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have a 60” vizio 4K led tv not sure on model

These ceiling speakers front and back
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonanc...-pair-paintable-white/5852330.p?skuId=5852330

This sub
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/martin...-watt-subwoofer-black/2715267.p?skuId=2715267

This receiver
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pionee...istant-built-in-black/6199202.p?skuId=6199202

Over all happy with the set up it’s loud as hell for music and sounds good for movies can add pics the install was a bitch running wires through the mantel behind the fireplace and back up the side wall for a clean look

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Ceiling speakers and a glimpse of the tv

IMG_1201.jpg

The ceiling speakers I took out with the new ones next to them

IMG_1198.jpg

Tv mount

IMG_1059.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Tv: 55” VIZIO something something model 4K HDR
Old ass Harmon Kardon AVR 247 reciever.

Sold my sub and the surrounds, apartment living doesn’t lend to using them much at all.

I’ve got a pair of HTD level two bookshelf speakers. Really just looking for better than stock sound out of the tv for movies, games, and music streaming.

Input devices: Super Nintendo, basic SD Comcast cable with 5 channels, firestick

Not worthwhile to replace any of this stuff. I’m not much of a tv/movie watcher outside of winter. Even then I usually fall asleep watching something on my laptop in bed.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
My living room setup is as follows:
LG 65" C7 OLED <-amazing

Anthem MRX720 in a cabinet mounted swiveling AV rack
Xbone-X

Speakers are all Definitive Technology:
Fronts: BP9060
Center: Mythos7
Rear: SR9040
Height(in ceiling): DI6.5R

Current sub is just a leftover from an old onkyo HTIB, but I'm going to build one of the Dayton Ultimax 18" setups powered by a rack mount 3kw amplifier when the sub/box kits get back in stock.

Excuse the halloween related clutter:
JiZBwsy.jpg

This was a listing photo of what the living room looked like when i bought the house last year:

TInlXpF.jpg

overall the fireplace area is a bit over a foot wider and i took out the 90s built-ins and made new ones.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My living room setup is as follows:
LG 65" C7 OLED <-amazing

Anthem MRX720 in a cabinet mounted swiveling AV rack
Xbone-X

Speakers are all Definitive Technology:
Fronts: BP9060
Center: Mythos7
Rear: SR9040
Height(in ceiling): DI6.5R

Current sub is just a leftover from an old onkyo HTIB, but I'm going to build one of the Dayton Ultimax 18" setups powered by a rack mount 3kw amplifier when the sub/box kits get back in stock.

Excuse the halloween related clutter:
JiZBwsy.jpg

This was a listing photo of what the living room looked like when i bought the house last year:

TInlXpF.jpg

overall the fireplace area is a bit over a foot wider and i took out the 90s built-ins and made new ones.

Beautiful rock work on the fireplace love it. We want to redo ours soon.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
2008 Sharp Aquos 55
LCD, i think, and I can't wait for it to puke out..... Need a new Samsung or whatever 70incher with sound bar....

I just can't upgrade with the Sharp still kicking and running well.
Dam thing cost $2800 almost 11 years ago.... Wtf

tvs depreciate the most. meanwhile you can keep your nice audio stuff for decades!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
73"Mitsu DLP that is due to be upgraded sometime soon.

Marantz SR5006.
marantz_6006u.jpg

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/P...?CatId=AVReceivers&SubCatId=&ProductId=SR5006

I also have my rear surrounds which are 8" Sonance In Walls. I forgot the model number and once you have seen an in wall you have seen them all.

My space in the front was limited so I ended up ordering BIC America Formula FH56-BAR. My brother has one and he uses it for 5 channels. These are a unique design for sound bars. Full set of inputs on the back, and lots of speakers.
bic_fh56sb.jpg

BIC America - Top Rated Since 1973

Sub is a BIC F12

BIC America - Top Rated Since 1973

F-12.jpg

LG Bluray player, DirecTV, Chromecast, FireTV, and we run 7.1 via the front height configuration... 5 channels through the bar and 2.1 through the sub and rear surrounds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info