I'm bored: What's Your First Mega Million Purchase?

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Relocating myself someplace where no one can find me...b/c A LOT of lotto winners end up dead, since most states make your name and info public record.

Aside from that, pay off my shit, pay off my moms shit, pay off my sisters shit. Give them duckets then see above.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
My new house.

img.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Relocating myself someplace where no one can find me...b/c A LOT of lotto winners end up dead, since most states make your name and info public record.

Aside from that, pay off my shit, pay off my moms shit, pay off my sisters shit. Give them duckets then see above.

I believe if you create a LLC they cant name you, just name the LLC.
But I'm following your lead. I'm taking myself, wife, kids and a few of my closest friends to Jamaica for a month or so. Will hire and attorney and financial advisor from here, and fly them down for a week to get my ducks in order.
They can come back to get the ball rolling and let me know when to come home to claim my money.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

yeah i think the smart thing is setting up a business and signing under that business so nobody knows. then having the discipline yourself to hire a money manager who gives you a reasonable allowance as it's amazing how many people fucking everything up themselves.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
First purchase: 2-3 hours' time with a good lawyer, ending with a game plan to set up all LLC's and receive the money correctly

First fun purchase: Aventador SV

Subsequent purchases:

Sick house in naples FL
Nice lot to build a giant house in Valpo
S8
R8
ACR Viper
Giant motorhome...whatever has the highest towing capacity
Several full auto guns and about a dozen suppressors, i'd probably have the FBI show up at my door before I was even able to complete that online shopping spree

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
1st purchase. big fucking bottle of champagne to celebrate.

then, pretty much like everyone else said. lawyer / money manager

give immediate family some duckets for them to get themselves taken care of.

pay off all debt. find a 20+ acre plot somewhere nice and build a 6k+ sqft house. 7 bed rooms, 8 full bath, 3 half bath. indoor pool, ect. ya know, just something to get by till the kids are out of HS, so the next 16 years. then its game fucking on from there.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Pretty much like everyone has mentioned, getting all my ducks in a row with some good lawyers....

After that I'm taking a lump sum, giving 5 million to each immediate family member, then my plans would look pretty much like [MENTION=6359]N20GT[/MENTION], just Ferrari's and not Florida or Valpo.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
First purchase would be to talk to my buddy who's a CPA and get a lawyer and financial planner on board.

Second purchase would likely be a piece of property with a decent size house and an even more decent sized shop. I'd have a hobby business, work on my education (perhaps go back to college) and enjoy watching my son grow up but avoiding him getting everything for the sake of getting it. That by its self I could see landing me in divorce court.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, in all seriousness, I'd lawyer up, make sure that my claiming the prize wasn't a public spectacle, then take care of my Mom and Sister (and her family), my Wife and her family, make sure all kids on both sides have ample college funds/trusts set up, etc, etc...

Then piss it away on a McMansion and cars.

I might start my own "fuck you" business, something simple, easy, and not stressful like this place and get out of the corporate world.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The lump sum on the $1.6 billion jackpot would be $904,900,000 and if it goes to a single winner, the federal tax withholding would be nearly $217.2 million. That's about $687,724,000 to spend.

687 million take away.... I'm never working again, Im playing golf, shooting guns, driving bad ass cars, and doing blow and hookers....

Basically take care of immediate family then turn into Dan Bilzerian.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info