Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
tenor.gif

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
An office receptionist got the shock of her life earlier this week when she found a 70cm long snake entangled in the web of a deadly spider. Tania Robertson, a receptionist at an electrical firm in Perth, came in to work on Tuesday and spotted the sight next to a desk in her office. The snake, which had obviously died from the spider’s poisonous bite, was off the ground and caught up in the web.

:nope: Worse than when I moved into my house and found the black widow web in the garage.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
:nope: Worse than when I moved into my house and found the black widow web in the garage.

at the bottom of the article

These February 2004 photographs of a spider devouring a snake caught in its web are genuine, but the accompanying text description alters the location, the size of the snake, and the type of spider involved: The pictures were taken in Bloemfontein, South Africa, not Perth, Australia; the snake measured 14cm, (5.5 inches), not 70cm (27.5 inches); and the spider was identified as a brown button spider, not a redback spider.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
at the bottom of the article

These February 2004 photographs of a spider devouring a snake caught in its web are genuine, but the accompanying text description alters the location, the size of the snake, and the type of spider involved: The pictures were taken in Bloemfontein, South Africa, not Perth, Australia; the snake measured 14cm, (5.5 inches), not 70cm (27.5 inches); and the spider was identified as a brown button spider, not a redback spider.

Below that it says that it was still found in an office near a desk. Even if not, the photos are indoors somewhere. Still :nope:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info