Lets discuss WW2.......Facts, opinions, theories

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Thanks to the USA, the world is mostly free, and not speaking German or Japanese!!!!

Of course this was back when we were a great, strong, hard working nation that the world envied & loved!!!
Now we are a laughing stock, and the worlds piggy bank, that most people hate.
The crime, the poverty, the entitlement whores makes the world shake their head!!!!

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
nm re-read. yeah we kinda boned the world with bretton woods, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened had keynes' idea won out there (bancor)

Was going to quote you and your post just changed lol. But yea, America’s quick, dominant rise as a super power was because the rest of the world was rebuilding.

Also, not too many people realize how brutally barbaric Japan was before we dropped bombs on their moms.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

Thanks to the USA, the world is mostly free, and not speaking German or Japanese!!!!

Of course this was back when we were a great, strong, hard working nation that the world envied & loved!!!
Now we are a laughing stock, and the worlds piggy bank, that most people hate.
The crime, the poverty, the entitlement whores makes the world shake their head!!!!

I think you mean the Soviets but yea.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Was going to quote you and your post just changed lol. But yea, America’s quick, dominant rise as a super power was because the rest of the world was rebuilding.

Also, not too many people realize how brutally barbaric Japan was before we dropped bombs on their moms.

Some of us know how brutal they were, including serving the dead prisoners as food :(
Every clueless POS that whines about us nuking them should learn how to read 1st before running their mouth!!!!

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
What’s the deal with the holocaust, more specifically holocaust denial? it seems that those that are labeled as holocaust deniers seem to think it either never happened or if it did it was grossly over exaggerated. I believe it happened and take the history of it for face value, but never really looked into why people believe it didn’t happen or believe it was far fewer people exterminated

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
What’s the deal with the holocaust, more specifically holocaust denial? it seems that those that are labeled as holocaust deniers seem to think it either never happened or if it did it was grossly over exaggerated. I believe it happened and take the history of it for face value, but never really looked into why people believe it didn’t happen or believe it was far fewer people exterminated

Anti-semites.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Anyone that denies or claims the Holocaust wasn't that bad is absolutely too stupid to debate with!!!!!

concentration-camp.jpg

majd-lib4.jpg

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Google Unit 731 if you’re not aware of how brutal the Japanese were.

never heard of this. disgusting.
probably something that they left out of the history lessons when i was in school.

ive often wondered that myself. im not into world traveling, but id love to go visit the camps and museums some day.

comic relief:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacn_bCj8tQ

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm curious to this now :rofl:

Came in here expecting some sort of "Hitler died an old man in Argentina" post. Or some other made up Bullshit. Leaving disappointed.

It started in the nfl thread, we were discussing if the US had not gotten involved whether the USSR could have won the war on their own. On my phone or if quote all of our posts over.

My stance is the USSR would’ve eventually won by sheer number of soldiers, their increasing military production, and their access to oil.
[MENTION=95]Fish[/MENTION] brought up lack of food and Hitler would not have moved forces away from the eastern front as reasons that the USSR would not have prevailed.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
never heard of this. disgusting.
probably something that they left out of the history lessons when i was in school.

ive often wondered that myself. im not into world traveling, but id love to go visit the camps and museums some day.

comic relief:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacn_bCj8tQ

History was a complete joke in my time. I never knew any if this stuff. So sad

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I did a little traveling in my life, thanks to the US Navy.
There is no way in hell I could ever visit one of those camps.
I can't stand suffering, and to actually see how despicable human beings treated a living thing,
especially a human being would sicken me.
I get sick just thinking about it, no way I could ever see just how evil human beings truly are!!!!!

Those photo's of bulldozers pushing those poor Jews being treated like they were worth less than dirt will horrify me to the day I die.
Just how sick & evil is a man that can not only order that, but to participate in it!!!

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It started in the nfl thread, we were discussing if the US had not gotten involved whether the USSR could have won the war on their own. On my phone or if quote all of our posts over.

My stance is the USSR would’ve eventually won by sheer number of soldiers, their increasing military production, and their access to oil.

[MENTION=95]Fish[/MENTION] brought up lack of food and Hitler would not have moved forces away from the eastern front as reasons that the USSR would not have prevailed.
It's an interesting conversation. Between just the 2, I think that would have be a war of attrition with the USSR eventually coming out on top. But there are so many other factors. They were fighting Japan in the East. It wasn't a major campaign, but it very readily could have been without the war against the US.

Also of note, the German soldiers were also getting burned out of sorts. I watched a documentary on it (not sure to the validity of it, but it was on AHC). Basically the Germans were giving their soldiers meth to amp them up for battle. A few years into that and they were mostly junkies. There was a story that there was a battle that the Germans had against the soviets somewhere in Russia. Turns out the Germans weren't fighting anyone, they were just firing off rounds against an imaginary enemy. Drug addiction, combined with sleep deprivation and malnourishment caused these dudes to hallucinate their enemy.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

The German were spread to thin, same issue Japan had.
They were 2 small countries brainwashed into thinking they could conquer the entire world.
It was never going to happen.
If both of them would have offered to stop the war in 1940, I could see them holding their gains,
but there was no way they were conquering Europe, Asia & Africa.
Too many civilians to control.
Look at how many Russians & Chinese civilians they could have mustered.

It reminds me of the Revolution.
Briton had military strength, we had body's.
When it's your home, you fight harder than some brainwashed kid 1000's of miles from home!!

It didn't help that Germany was fighting with an insane POS loser making the calls!!!
Japan was fighting a much better designed war, they just weren't big enough to hold an area that big.

As said many many times in most WWII books, it was the idiotic attack on the US that saved millions of lives, saved the war from lasting much much longer.
Germany could have focused on Russia instead of a 2 front war, which they had zero chance of winning.
Japan could have kept picking away on their weak neighbors with zero push back.
Who was going to stop Japan, Australia???
They were way too weak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info