Network Gurus need help please

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
So I am getting sick and tired of shitty spotty network in my house and want to upgrade to a mesh system... Now I will say I have very little traffic on my network, but the overall distance the wifi has to travel has caused shitty traffic.

My house is a standard tri level with an attached garage (i draw a picture with device layout below).

I was going to buy a standard cheap mesh as the majority of the traffic in my network is near my current router. But I ran across this deal on Slickdeals and read you can use two of these for mesh and they are pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with these?

I also read these have Z wave on these which would allow me to move my samsung smart things to a more convenient location other than the crawlspace closet lol...

AF1QipNcuwobZzDvFPhW718DNdIwW3F8l5dwUnGIwqZM

Attachments

• House Layout.png
    House Layout.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 43

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I just went mesh and have been pleasantly surprised. I had my router located in the middle but my ranch and attached garage make my house long and therefore I had issues in my garage at one end and not speedy signal in the bedrooms at the other.

I placed the main router in the center where it was and then put the mesh units at the two ends and my signal has been the best it has ever been. I had a TP Link Archer C7 which is a pretty well reviewed router and now have a Samsung because it was on a killer sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info