Florida SUV Crashes into Boat, Launches onto Roof of Home, Ends up in Pool

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
These guys must have been flying. They drove through an empty lot, onto a homeowner's property, hit his boat, actually launched high enough to land on his roof, kept going onto the top of his lanai screen enclosure and then fell through into the pool.

I will post the video when it reaches the web. Saw the damage on TV and it's hard to believe the car got up that high.

The driver of the car first drove through an empty lot, hitting a boat. The collision caused the car to go airborne, (land on) a roof, go through a lanai and into a pool.

Steven Rineberg owns the home where the crash ended. He's a retired lieutenant and said he immediately sprang into action.

“I heard some moaning coming from the pool area. I could see someone’s head sticking out of the rear passengers seat of the car,” Rineberg described. “The two guys in the front seat had some pretty serious head injuries.”

17678154_G.jpeg

Three hurt in crash that sends car airborne into pool - NBC2 News

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Here it is. Video in link. The shoes always come off. Looks like one of the kids has died.

Crash sends car flying in the air into pool, killing one and injuring 3 - NBC2 News

One person was killed and another three were hurt in a crash that sent a car flying in the air and into a pool in Cape Coral on Saturday morning.

The car's driver, 18-year-old Gavin Clutts of Cape Coral, was trapped in the car as it was submerged in the pool, along with two other passengers. One passenger was able to escape the car after it landed in the pool, according to police.

When first responders arrived, they pulled the three people trapped in the vehicle out and rushed them to the hospital. The front seat passenger, identified as 20-year-old Michael Velez of Cape Coral, was pronounced dead at the hospital. Clutts and two other passengers, Ryan Whicker, 18, and a juvenile all suffered life-threatening injuries.

Police said Clutts was speeding excessively through a stop sign at Wilmington Parkway and Chiquita Boulevard before going through an empty lot on NW 16th Place where he hit a mailbox.

After hitting the mailbox, the car kept driving until colliding with a 29-foot boat and trailer parked outside of a home. That collision sent the car into another smaller boat and trailer before going airborne. The car landed on a home's roof, tumbled off the house, and into a swimming pool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list