Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://youtu.be/G9OzG53VwIk

The series will explore a group of siblings who, as children, grew up in what would go on to become the most famous haunted house in the country. Now adults, and forced back together in the face of tragedy, the family must finally confront the ghosts of their past — some of which still lurk in their minds while others may actually be stalking the shadows of Hill House.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.slashfilm.com/the-haunt...-supernatural-horror-and-psychological-drama/

The Haunting of Hill House is plenty scary – Flanagan doesn’t resort to cheap jump-scares (save for one or two times), and instead lets a creeping dread set in. Characters wander down dark halls, and you just know something terrible is waiting for them at the other end. The fear factor on display in the series is to be expected. What might catch viewers off guard is how unabashedly emotional the show is. We grow to care about the Crains, and when truly tragic fates befall them, we can’t help but feel sorrow. One episode that takes place during a wake is particularly gut wrenching, building towards a climax wrought with a level of sorrow and melancholy that nearly floored me.

The emotional drama makes the horror all the more effective. “No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear,” C.S. Lewis once wrote, and the sentiment translates perfectly to The Haunting of Hill House. This is no mere haunted house show. It is a journey through grief, and regret, and other things that go bump in the night. It will leave you haunted and terrified, alone in the night. In the dark.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got thru the first 5 episodes last night (theres 10 total) This show jumps around a LOT. From the past, to the present, to different times in the present from the same scenes you've already watched, you need to be paying attention at all times in this show or you're not going to know what the hell is going on. So far each episode kind of gives you a sort of backstory on each of the kids so you start to understand why they're fucked up adults. It takes a little bit to get into this show but after awhile I found myself saying just 1 more episode, just 1 more episode.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
This show is legit creepy/scary. I watch a lot of horror/scary films, I almost consider myself a connoisseur and this show nails it. I was not expecting this level of A-game. We watched 3 episodes last night and the woman is super scared ????

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
There are definitely some creepy moments in this show, and also some that are just plain sad. Sometimes the moments where nothing happens are even more intense than scary scenes because your brain can go crazy thinking something is going to happen. I spent an entire scene once in one episode trying to telegraph what awful things were going to happen to one of the characters, and even tho nothing happened, I had worked myself up :rofl:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I seriously feel so bad for Luke on this show. Everyone else on this show, yeah they have their own shit. But man Luke was dealt a bad hand from day 1.

I'm thru episode 7 now. Haven't been able to watch in a couple nights but man I want to. This show actually gave me some kinda messed up dreams the other night :rofl: That never happens to me w/ shit like this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info