Lets talk FUCKING MADNESS!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
A Coworker got divorced 27 years ago. Turns out if your X-wife doesn’t remarry she can collect your social security. I think that’s FUCKING CRAZY. My coworker is remarried and has 2 kids. I can’t believe that is legal. WOW! He was just notified.

Sounds like he had a shitty divorce lawyer. all that should be ironed out and crystal clear in the divorce hearings.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
This is why I never married. In this country, marriage only benefits the woman.
Some women marry multiple times as a strategy to increase their lifetime income. They take your social security, your pension, your 401K, your house and anything else they can grab. I've seen many male friends and family have their lives and lifetime financial standing completely ruined by marriage. The divorce laws are totally skewed in favor of the woman and men get shafted. Fuck that noise.

I'm SO glad I decided to stay single.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Some women marry multiple times as a strategy to increase their lifetime income. They take your social security, your pension, your 401K, your house and anything else they can grab. I've seen many male friends and family have their lives and lifetime financial standing completely ruined by marriage. The divorce laws are totally skewed in favor of the woman and men get shafted. Fuck that noise.

Ya, thats why I'm single too

:rofl:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

Problem with your theory, at least in Illinois, is that you lose maintenance (alimony) as soon as you start co-habitating, and you can take her back to court and stop the payments.

Get a good lawyer, and it's a lot up front, but will pay dividends in the long run, if you need to get divorced.

Seems like most men think the laws are skewed in the women's favor, but that is entirely not true.

Depending on length of marriage and assets pre and post marriage will determine what can be divided. There are a lot of material things that can be divided, and many more things that cannot. If you want to cheap out on a lawyer to just do the bare minimum, of course you're going to get fleeced. But if your wife works, and you work, there should be no reason she would take half of "your" stuff, considering you are then entitled to half of her stuff too.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Nothing surprises me in this country.

I got a kick out of that story i read a few weeks back where that running back LeSean Mccoy still has his ex girlfriend living in his house after over a year of them breaking up. They were never married, she has a kid with another person, and the law still gives her access to the home. He has no obligation whatsoever to this person, yet they still entitle her to things.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Nothing surprises me in this country.

I got a kick out of that story i read a few weeks back where that running back LeSean Mccoy still has his ex girlfriend living in his house after over a year of them breaking up. They were never married, she has a kid with another person, and the law still gives her access to the home. He has no obligation whatsoever to this person, yet they still entitle her to things.

Depends on the state and their eviction laws. Usually you need to give the person 30 to 60 days to vacate. For "stuff" you need to go to court to prove ownership, if you think someone took something that wasn't theirs.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

Marriage isn't the problem. Studies actually show that marriage leads to prosperity. Divorce is the problem.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Marriage isn't the problem. Studies actually show that marriage leads to prosperity. Divorce is the problem.

Financial issues are usually the #1 reason for divorce. One partner or both partners are bad with money.

Problem with divorce is it's really expensive, so if anything divorce rates are maybe lower than they'd truly be, because many people just can't afford to get divorced.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
its Really easy for a woman to get alimony in Illinois, just like it’s more likely for them to get full custody, or residential custody of the kids (kids live with them) it cost me a lot of money to get custody of my son I think around 10 grand in lawyer fees, mostly because his mom is worthless and didn’t show up to court several time each one of those cost me around a grand, but I won, the judge also dropped my child support the first time she didn’t show, now I’m on the other end she doesn’t pay me for anything because she’s broke due to poor life choices, and it’s not worth the money to take her to court over it since it’s not really a financial burden to me, I just hate how it’s all in favor of the woman fuck the dad who’s paying for everything right

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
its Really easy for a woman to get alimony in Illinois, just like it’s more likely for them to get full custody, or residential custody of the kids (kids live with them) it cost me a lot of money to get custody of my son I think around 10 grand in lawyer fees, mostly because his mom is worthless and didn’t show up to court several time each one of those cost me around a grand, but I won, the judge also dropped my child support the first time she didn’t show, now I’m on the other end she doesn’t pay me for anything because she’s broke due to poor life choices, and it’s not worth the money to take her to court over it since it’s not really a financial burden to me, I just hate how it’s all in favor of the woman fuck the dad who’s paying for everything right

Her overdue child support is collecting interest as we speak, and cannot be eliminated, even in bankruptcy. The court can have her wages garnished, among other things. If you took her back to court, and she continues not to pay, the judge could (although unlikely) throw her in jail for contempt.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Her overdue child support is collecting interest as we speak, and cannot be eliminated, even in bankruptcy. The court can have her wages garnished, among other things. If you took her back to court, and she continues not to pay, the judge could (although unlikely) throw her in jail for contempt.

Sounds like you can't get blood from a turnip quite frankly. Some people are a waste of air.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

20% of her income isn’t worth my time to be honest

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
20% of her income isn’t worth my time to be honest

IL can only garnish 15%

our neighbor was married. but claimed 0 support from her husband (not true) so they could get SNAP (food stamps and shit) a few year go by and the state takes all of his tax return for unpaid child support. she flips a shit on him, they call to figure it out, the state was taking the money from him "pay back" the SNAP system. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info