Garage door opener help

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
It's not the typical problem. It's not a new install - it's been working for years until now.

The opener light flashes 10 times when trying to close the door meaning the sensors are disconnected or misaligned. But both sensors are lite up. The orange LED is on the first sensor and the green is on the other. So the wiring is good and they are aligned.

I Googled the problem and there are 10 bazillion troubleshooting guides, but none with this situation (they all deal with sensor lights NOT on.)

Any ideas? Thanks

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It's not the typical problem. It's not a new install - it's been working for years until now.

The opener light flashes 10 times when trying to close the door meaning the sensors are disconnected or misaligned. But both sensors are lite up. The orange LED is on the first sensor and the green is on the other. So the wiring is good and they are aligned.

I Googled the problem and there are 10 bazillion troubleshooting guides, but none with this situation (they all deal with sensor lights NOT on.)

Any ideas? Thanks

You may need to go through a limit relearn process. Our Genie does this whenever we lose power. It needs to relearn it's stop points both up and down.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
My old Chamberlin did that all the times. It lost it's programming for no reason. I had to go set the up and down limits then it worked fine until it shit the bed a little while later. Make sure you have your house key on you. Sometimes mine lasted months and sometimes a day before I said F it and got a new one

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Are the sensors in direct sunlight? I have had this problem with my Chamberlain Opener, the sun seems to cut the beam and makes the Opener freak out. Just a thought.

I have this problem during the summer. Gets annoying and there's nothing I can do. Lol. My house just sits in the right place where sun gets it for practically a season (summer). I have to hold the opener button down at the keypad to override the sensors or go through the front door.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info