Galena, Illinois - what to do?

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
The wife and I go every year in early February for a weekend. Lots of great food places and little mom and pop shops. Galena Canning is a must as they have lots of samples and some amazing sauces and dips. We did Log Cabin this last time for dinner and had an excellent meal and time. It’s pricey but worth it.

Galena Brewin Co. has some pretty decent beers and food and Blaum Bros. Distillery on the east side of town is a great place to grab a drink and hang out. There also quite a few places that have shuffleboard tables that we make our way to at least one of the nights there. Some of the bars are a bit divey but we enjoy it.

We always stay at the Brierwreath B&B just off the main strip. The inn keeper is friendly and has good breakfasts.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
where are you staying? wife and I went a few years ago. Jailhill inn. was pretty nice place. we did a winery about 20 min out of town. had a great view.

We are staying here.

Galena Illinois Hotel | The Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel and Frank O'Dowd's Irish Pub & Grill

Thanks all for the suggestions. Normally we would be all over the brewery and wine tasting, but my wife is pregnant. So it'll just be me trying all that fun stuff.

What are the conceal and carry laws in Illinois? When I took my class, I'm thinking that Illinois didn't recognize the Nebraska licence. Is that still the same?

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
New Diggings is a quaint little town up across the border in wisco, the general store and then oddly enough the bar across the street had the most delicious home made cheesecake.

Savanna is a nice little jaunt from galena along one of the funnest roads in northern Illinois I've been on, blackjack rd. There's Palisades state park and downtown Savanna, home to Poopys and Iron Horse, usually have live music on the weekends . Some nice views of the Mississippi.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/1...(Galena-to-Savanna).html#sthash.YBv4xruI.dpbs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info