RICH17 Designs

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So some of you guys now I recently bought my house. And now I need to fill that house with new furniture. And since I am handy and creative I want to build everything that goes into it. So I started RICH17 Designs. RICH17 Designs is something I have been thinking about for a very long time and now that I have my own place it can start helping me grow this into a business/side hustle. Here are some of the projects to date.

This I built before moving in. Its a glass water bottle and some battery powered fairy lights In a stacked plywood base. Pretty cool centerpiece on [MENTION=653]BrianG[/MENTION]'s outdoor table at night.
iE5BTLE.jpg

So now that I am in the house the first thing I needed was to get the garage situated. So I started with extending the existing bench.
QEGfZw0.jpg

Then I needed a mobile workbench. I wanted to incorporate my cheap table saw so I had an outfeed table all ready to go. this works perfect.
gFOop7Q.jpg

So then a few months ago my Uncle asked me to help him with moving some firewood from a guy and this dude had the cookie slab. Uncle Ben wanted to use them for firewood but I made him save them. So I brought them home
A82uRuL.jpg

And initially cleaned them up with a wire brush on an angle grinder

USpealQ.jpg

But then I needed a router and didn't have the money for one. So it got put off to the side. It was at this point that I wanted to make some cutting boards. So I glued up some pallet wood.
h7Diri5.jpg

Then I too that pallet wood and cut it down again and glued it bac up.

mpo3MpU.jpg

Then I too that bloc and cut it into strips and glued that up.
rI2Qz75.jpg

After that I was able to make two cutting boards with them and they came out great....Until I had them laser engraved and then somewhat ruined them. I am not just getting back to trying to save them for christmas presents.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So then i started on my bedroom. I wanted to build my bed and mae it simple. The frame was all construction lumber that was planed down to mae it have hard edges. I then made my own headboard that was 3ft x 9ft wide and covered in white pleather and then trimmed in 3/4 inch angle aluminum.

ZrYaZuJ.jpg

The next project after that was an art peice that I have had pictured for a long time in my head. I cute down a 4x4 into little slices

5dFfuuO.jpg

Then I made a frame from 2x4's and a piece of MDF and glued the slices to the MDF and painted the frame white to match the rest of the room.

EdaWXal.jpg

wKCCwKm.jpg

8Kb4gZq.jpg

This piece sits on the wall in my bedroom opposing the headboard and is 2ftx8ft as to match the rectangular aspect.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Now it's time to get back on the cookie slabs. I purchase a cordless router since it had a great deal with two batteries. I figured that this first cookie was fairly straight and wouldnt need much. So I got to work building a router sled.

EVyg1yr.jpg

I used this and the depth gauge on the router to tae off a 1/8 inch at a time. I used two different bits that were cheap and it wored great.

OnPah0V.jpg

EiTT1Bx.jpg

So now comes the sanding. the belt sander is the best choice for this as it hogs out the most material. The I used the random orbital sander and went up from 80 to 120 to 180 then the final sanding of 220. This was quite the tas but I realized that good diablo sandpaper maes the job go quic

BzIAqez.jpg

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
During all of these build I made these cubes out of flooring samples I had laying around. Good way to practice my miter cuts.

YqHW0uA.jpg

And I also brought home some hardwood pallets from a steel place in crystal lake. The are STUPID heavy and easily was the heaviest thing I have hauled on the trailer.

svaEM6Q.jpg

I spent that same night breaing them down and stacing them and spent the last few wees thining about what I will use it for.
cwOG9sb.jpg

I had a party last weekend and realize that I need outdoor furniture. So I started planning some adirondack style chairs and couches. Nice leaned back comfortable stuff. So I made a prototype.

kSPCUuR.jpg

It needs some tweaking but its a start. After the cookie slab is done then it'll be my next project.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Another little project in that time was that I made this Sprinter van from this

f3hVHSE.jpg

Into this

s9lqMjC.jpg

EwZJIUn.jpg

THis was for my neighbor who's 5 year old rides and he's going to take him across the country this winter. He wanted to be able to store big dirt bikes in the bac but also not have all the fuel fumes coming into the drivers compartment. He also wanted to be able to haul 8ft stuff still for wor so thats why the back wall is raise lie that. It was quite the challenge with 100 degree heat and the curved walls on the van and doing it all by myself but he was really happy. I havent seen it since he painted and carpeted it but I now it turned out great for him

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So now I'm on my phone to keep you guys up to date. My laptops K key isn't working so just make it up as you go.... Lol

Today I'm working on the cookie slab again. I got it all smoothed and the sides smoothed to 220 and applied a heavy first coat of finish. I takes 12 hours to dry so hopefully I can sand the finish down tomorrow with 220 again and apply another coat. I'll be putting it on thinner and thinner as the time goes. But hoping for a nice glossy finish.

IMG_20180908_125654_838.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info