Elon Musk on JRE

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What's Musk doing smoking pot during interviews? This guy takes the box, tosses it off a cliff and then starts coloring way outside of it.

Young people and some of us older people who don't care about pot won't care except, as I said, seeing him do it in an interview, but many rich people who invested in his companies will be shocked to see a joint in his mouth. Not the safest move to make.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
21196920920df9a4a98ec31f4eaf9064.png

Lmao ya I guess this means he’s gonna start playing video games while munching Taco Bell instead of running his company.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm watching the video now. Musk's ideas are, to say the least, earth shaking. AI hookups so people can think as fast as computers and have computer memories at their disposal? WTF? Regular humans wouldn't stand a chance against augmented humans when competing for jobs and almost anything else. (KHANNNN!)

"Yeah, I have 10 GB of data in my brain about this job. Want me or Joe Blow?"

"which stock to buy/sell today? My 10 GB and lightning calculations say buy Space X."

"Want to play poker? I know every bit of data about odds for every game."

Shit! The possibilities are endless.

Musk must be an alien or a mutant because he thinks levels above anyone else.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
The podcast is unreal. I really don't understand him. It's like he's constantly looking through a filling cabinet in his mind.

You can look at him like, he's and idiot who has money who can make things come true, or someone who's stupidly smart.

Again. The cast, puts a light on him as a normal person.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'm watching the video now. Musk's ideas are, to say the least, earth shaking. AI hookups so people can think as fast as computers and have computer memories at their disposal? WTF? Regular humans wouldn't stand a chance against augmented humans when competing for jobs and almost anything else. (KHANNNN!)

"Yeah, I have 10 GB of data in my brain about this job. Want me or Joe Blow?"

"which stock to buy/sell today? My 10 GB and lightning calculations say buy Space X."

"Want to play poker? I know every bit of data about odds for every game."

Shit! The possibilities are endless.

Musk must be an alien or a mutant because he thinks levels above anyone else.

The average brain has a capacity of 2.4PB estimated. We're at a point we can jam that into about half a server rack right now. In a few years I bet we'll be able to jam it into a single (albeit fairly large) server that's about 8" tall. If not sooner. DNA based storage is a fucking marvel if you ask me. If we could figure out how to do it and do it consistently (where the computer has the edge) the mind would be blown.

Him talking about people already "being cyborgs" and us needing to bump the throughput is fascinating truthfully, and in its own regard true. Then again I will ask what are the chances that we'd be able to superceed AI for at least a period of time if we had better bandwidth into computers? I mean, if you look at the "software" of a typical human brain it's fucking amazing and really hard to actually replicate even with adequate physical resources (e.g. a processor/memory/storage system that can handle it.) Think about what a person does in an average day doing mundane jobs like working at mcdonalds. Yeah you can have a machine do that, but that doesn't mean it's simple or easy to make. It's easy to build after the engineering is done but that's an INCREDIBLY complex process.

The podcast is unreal. I really don't understand him. It's like he's constantly looking through a filling cabinet in his mind.

You can look at him like, he's and idiot who has money who can make thing come true, or someone who stupidly smart.

Again. The cast, puts a light on him as a normal person.

I think he's not on his best game in this interview. He acts worn down especially in the beginning to me. Oddly he comes on line later in the interview not earlier.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
No, it wasn't him smoking pot that directly caused the drop in price. Two of his executives, the Chief Accounting Officer and Head of Human Resources left and the news about that broke before the Friday morning bell. Many investors followed and sold off in the premarket. Also, there was a subpoena issued by the SEC claiming market manipulation after he was planning to take th company private.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Interesting podcast. Rogan felt off his game but he was asking the right questions for Musk to break things down in easy to understand ways. I think Musk also was expecting a different kind of interview which allowed him to open up more. It felt like Rogan's questions were catching Musk off guard.

I feel like a follow up podcast would be even better now that the first one is out of the way.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I was cracking up a 2hr 13min when he was talking about towing dead horses.

It’s weird tho that he’s so disturbed by though of an AI takeover. I mean he met with the president, congress and all 50 governors just to discuss this threat??

To me it just sounds like stupid ass sci-fi bullshit. But maybe this is no different than the time when Einstein warned FDR about "the bomb".

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
It’s weird tho that he’s so disturbed by though of an AI takeover. I mean he met with the president, congress and all 50 governors just to discuss this threat??

To me it just sounds like stupid ass sci-fi bullshit. But maybe this is no different than the time when Einstein warned FDR about "the bomb".

AI will take over and make average humans even more unnecessary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info