Anyone recently apply for passport?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Go to your local post office, pick up an app, and then schedule an appointment for them to help you through it.

All you have to do is go through the app and fill out your information. They can take the photo there and complete whatever else they need.

Make sure you have your birth certificate and your ID. Social security card won't suffice. I found that out the hard way.

I got mine in about 2 and a half weeks. Surprisingly it was stupid simple.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Where are you going? Reason I ask is you can get a passcard too if you're staying in North America. That's what the Wife and Kids did for their trip in to Canaidaland a few months ago. Unless you're going to Europe or something, you don't need a full passport.

We did it much like above. Photo at Walgreens, filled out the app, went to the Kane County Judicial center, paid our monies and a couple weeks later their passcards arrived.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
How often are you going to need this? I did the passport back in the day when the wife and I got married and were going to Messyco. I've never used it since (and obviously they expired, which is why she had to go do hers again to go to Canada).

So if you're not going to do it often, if at all again, save some cash.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm aware of what you can get as we've had to do it for both our kids (for various reasons) and the Wife (since she never got hers handed down to her), but I'm not carrying that around with me in my travels. I'll carry a little pass-card or a passport book.

All our important papers (My original Birth Certificate and our kids original and certified copies from DuPage County, and my Wife's from Monroe County NY), are all at home in the safe.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What about a copy of your birth certificate worries you compared to a passport?

Because carrying around a fragile, 8.5 x 11 piece of paper that says I was born in medieval times isn't very convienent and it is a pretty important piece of paper. Not to mention, it doesn't have any current address/proof of residency on it.

Do you carry your marriage certificate around with you also on your international travels?

I can just see it now as he travels into Windsor, ON;

Customs: Identification please
b4black: Hold on, let me break out my certified birth certficate out of file folder here...
Customs: You don't just have a simple fucking passport! :D

He doesn't want people to see how ancient his certificate is

Hey!

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I just got one. Went into the Post Office. Filled out an application. I had to give them my birth certificate too. They also Took my picture there. It cost around 160. It Took about 3 weeks in the mail. And they sent my birth certificate back in a separate envelope.

Forgot to mention. You have to first make an appointment too. I did that on the USPS website

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info