Japan Typhoon

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
[MENTION=12138]Z28Camaro[/MENTION] hope your doing okay

this is screwing up my weekly shipments, as well as lots of my vendors shipments, but that is the least of my concerns as my company world HQ is in Osaka. My main contacts are still talking to me, so that is promising that people are still able to get to work and day to day life.

11 dead so far. Major airport is closed, and will be for a while due to bridge damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byhsHpYPq3s

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Doing OK here. Storm was severe but the typhoon we had about a month ago was a bit worse for my neighborhood. Ends up being a bit of luck based on wind direction, gusts and the overall speed of the storm.

During the last storm the winds were coming more from the south for us and it was shaking the house pretty hard. It was also in the middle of the night so it was a bit strange to hear the wind blowing all sorts of debris off of the roof and exterior walls. That went on for about 4 hours.

They have been stopping the train in advance lately for the bigger storms so most places end up closing because employees can't get in to work. I drive daily but stayed home and worked from the couch while watching things unfold on TV. Power stayed on this time but went out for some of our friends. Wind was coming in largely from the east so we were less exposed. That makes a big difference because we basically live on the side of a small mountain and we're only 1000 feet from the shore.

Here's a snapshot from when we were in the eye of Jebi on Tuesday:

IMG-3471_zpsf9fj15qf.jpg~original

We're expecting more typhoons as October is the month they traditionally are coming in. Not much can be done except watch the forecast and take cover when the time comes. The storms this year are much stronger then what is typical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info