What would you do?

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Here you are minding your own business driving down the road on a Monday morning. Some asshat keeps riding your ass, so in the nature of not wanting your toy getting rear ended, you move over (from the right lane into the left). Asshat follows suit and continues with his debauchery. You come to the realization that the world is full of haters, idiots and douche bags and that you are a cop and have to pretty much take the higher road on duty and off duty.

Guess we can stop hypothesizing at this point; so I pull into a parking lot to avoid this moron and he of course follows suit. Now at this point, ive only left my house and have been on the road for 5 minutes. No street racing in mexico, no lobbing empty jack daniels bottles out the window, nothing, corvette isnt even up to operating temperature at this point. Dude pulls up next to me, throws his coffee cup out the window (not a paper cup) cracks my hood and windshield. I get a good look at him and his plate. Am I losing my mind that anyone here in the same situation who had the ability to lawfully arrest this individual, wouldn't?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I would have arrested him.

This is why I put dual dash cams in my daily driver. In the off chance I can't get a plate number, hopefully one of the cameras will. People suck. This is why I won't drive my boss 302 to work. Too many morons road raging and tailgating during rush hour.

I also now have a dash cam just because I want someone else watching just in case. I also leave it recording audio in case someone were to come up to the window.

dom418

Regular
Dec 2, 2008
I mean initially I’d want to stomp his face in. Bottom line in today’s world you just don’t know how fucked up the other guy is, what meds he’s on. It’s not worth going to jail or worse losing your life over. If you got his info his time will come to face his actions.

On a side note I’ve noticed a ton more tailgating near me. These asshats test my patience to the brink. People in a hurry to go nowhere.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Soooo what did you do...

Threw on the suit, grabbed 3 of my guys and went to his house and arrested him. Which is why I posted this; somewhere on god's green earth a person said/commented/alleged that I "abused" my "power". Sometimes I just cant wrap my head around the fact that certain people are allowed to reproduce.

Hows the car, any damage?

I certainly hope you had the guy arrested if you were off duty... There is no way in hell he should of gotten away from that.

Estimates tomorrow, but my buddy who does body work said that the hood of the z06/zr1 are a bitch to find and it easily could be 3-4g in damage.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
a01fb735933fdf4cd38bf5f348b735c5.jpg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I’m guessing he’s pissed because the cars loud? Or, and I’ve gotten this plenty of times, because the cars a little loud they think you’re FLYING down a side street when in reality you’re doing 25mph.

I drive a truck for a living and I’m ready to get out of it. People are either terrible drivers or complete jagoffs. And it’s all day dealing with it.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Glad you had the guy arrested, EXCELLENT! There are some real pieces of shit in this world who go out of their way to screw with complete stranger's hard earned stuff, just because they have a jealous thought run through their pea brain. One reason why i have cameras in all my cars now. Hope the car gets repaired right so it's as good as new.

It would be real hard not to make this guy a project of mine if i was in your shoes though... If he had any priors at all for previous scumbaggery, I'd make sure the prosecutor and judge residing both are politely reminded, and he gets the max penalty thrown at him. I'm sure both would bend over backwards to accommodate your recommendation, considering you're a LEO and you were targeted out of the blue, just minding your own business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info