If you're in the market for a tv and dont wanna spend OLED money...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Check out the new Vizio P series. Essentially, aside from OLED having deeper blacks, the tv performs as well as flagships from Samsung, LG, etc.

https://youtu.be/3HDpeOvZAf8

The P Series Quantum is an excellent TV with impressive picture quality. It has a high native contrast ratio so blacks appear deep, especially with the very good local dimming feature. It also has great reflection handling and can get extremely bright to counteract glare in a bright room. Unfortunately the image degrades when viewed at an angle.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-quantum

Overall Score - 8.6

Movies

TV Shows

Sports

Video Games

HDR Movies

HDR Gaming

PC Monitor

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It really doesnt advance that fast anymore. 4k / HDR is now standard on 90% of new tvs so thats where we're at. Buying a top of the line will last you awhile. My LG will probably be good for good bit. The 2017 and 2018s are mostly identical sans aesthetics and maybe some updates to the processor.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Good points, I suppose it’s slowed down. How far can you take a technology to the point where it surpasses our ability to see the advancement.

Btw, what do you guys recommend for a uhd or hdr projector? When I bought the new house, the previous owner left his home theater setup that works nicely but the projector is pretty dated.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I had a wifi problem that was causing havoc but fixed under warranty. The biggest issue is a yellow tint on the left edge of the tv on white backgrounds. Its a common problem, with varying levels of severity. Mine is minor annoyance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info