Any classic bicycle experts here.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This has been in the basement of the old house for, well, eons. My Grandmother always referred to it as a Schwinn, but I'm not sure. The badge on the front didn't come out as well as I would've hoped...

Anyway, just curious if it's worth anything of value?

KhAyAVQ.jpg

rM0tDjt.jpg

CGvLN2Q.jpg

1OR7f8b.jpg

VWAbF8e.jpg

8CPsIQC.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I would see if you can source an expert, old bikes can source a lot of $$. Definitely don't mess with it or take anything apart until you have someone appraise it. Maybe a local bike store can help find someone that could do such a thing, that part I don't know. I have a guy at work that is a HUGE classic bike buff, if I remember I'll ask him if he can identify it. Send me a PM tomorrow morning so I remember to go see him. Dude has like 100+ classic bikes that he routinely rides to work, it's wild the stuff he has.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I would guess that is some form of a battery.

As to that badge, it might be readable, just didn't come out well in the picture. As I look at the pictures, there looks to also be another badge of some sort under the seat. I should probably look at that too.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ok, spent some time this afternoon looking up these bikes and think I've narrowed it down to age and what it is.

It is a mid to late 1930's model, called the Hawthorne/Wards Duralium (Girls) model.

Here is what looks to be a restored 1937 model. Note how the frame is indentical and fenders while smaller than mine, have the same reflecter and tab thingy on the back fender. This one doesn't have the battery and light though.

dsc08875-jpg.49995

Mine again (I wish I could get pics of the same side, but...
KhAyAVQ.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info