All emails going to deleted folder

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So over the weekend I thought it was strange that I didnt receive no emails thru my work phone. Figured maybe its just a slow weekend. Turn my laptop on this morning and have over 40 emails in my deleted folder. Take a look at them and they are all emails that should be in my inbox. Sent myself 2 "test" emails this morning and both went to deleted folder. Trying to talk to someone that I understand at Microsoft is not going to happen, lol.

We use Outlook 365 for our email. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Fixed, for some odd reason there was a setting checked that deleted all incoming mail. Very strange because I sure the fuck didnt do that.

You most likely got your password compromised, the hacker then setup rules to move all emails into your deleted folder so you wouldn’t see responses.

Check your sent box to see what your account has been sending and I highly recommend changing your password and letting your IT staff know about this.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
You most likely got your password compromised, the hacker then setup rules to move all emails into your deleted folder so you wouldn’t see responses.

Check your sent box to see what your account has been sending and I highly recommend changing your password and letting your IT staff know about this.

Had this happen to an employee here and they even went so far as to create a rule to send all emails from * to deleted.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire

Had this happen to me, but before the guy could set rules, I recieved an email about changing my Instagram pw. I hurried up and changed my regular email pw and then regained access to my Instagram but for some reason it setup a new account. Then I saw I could switch between both of them but I just ended up deleting the entire Instagram account. Now most of my stuff I have 2 step authentication or on my phone with my fingerprint.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
The only downside of doing this stuff is now I get considered the "IT GUY" at work and I literally know nothing but how to google. :bowrofl:

HHSfZc1.jpg

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

one of our guys had been hacked recently. to not also delete any incoming, but to also send a duplicate to them. they were sending out remittance notices that out bank info had changed and to send all payments to the new bank info.

they sent it to all his contacts. good thing is, several customers of his call him, to see why they got it, as they hadn't bought anything, so they wanted to know why he was asking for payment.

because they called right after they got it, our IT guy was able to quickly gain access back and somewhat track everything. he then called the cops to make a report in hopes they might be able to track down who did it. but likely not.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
They had no use for it but to destroy our files. so once they had the $ they gave up the code and we changed all out access info. like full legit count down screen on dudes laptop to when files would be deleted, and how to get them the money. all our files were locked.

police were called, but noting they could do. and because of the amount they requested it wasn't worth it to the fbi. but man was out IT guy PISSED.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info