This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So many new stores are opening up that fix smartphones and Tablets. Just saying

There’s a huge market for the used/refurbished

That’s the least bit of concern for apple. They consistently release new devices and he customer base is extremely loyal. They do much more than devices. Ever heard of iTunes or the App Store? They’re getting a chunk of everything sold on both of those. If anything, refurb and repair shops create more of a market on their higher margin software sales by enabling more people to afford the hardware part.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
If Apple was smart, they'd come up with a way for people to purchase music and apps via their devices.

Is iTunes still a thing with all the other options out there now a days?

I cant remember the last time I used my iPod or Itunes. When I'm listening to music on my iPad its usually Pandora.

Looooool. Can’t tell if you just guys have a level 10 troll game or not.

Either way I’ll bite - Apple Music is the second largest subscription service behind Spotify. They have it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Looooool. Can’t tell if you just guys have a level 10 troll game or not.

Either way I’ll bite - Apple Music is the second largest subscription service behind Spotify. They have it.

I wasnt trolling, was asking a legit question.
Besides myself, I very rarely if ever see friends or family using an iPod or iTunes anymore.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I would never buy another Apple product as long as I live. I sold my Itouch last year when they purposely made that model obsolete with Itunes, and i could no longer connect it with the software or add/remove music with it.

It did work great, but they purposely make their items obsolete so you buy their newer shit.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I would never buy another Apple product as long as I live. I sold my Itouch last year when they purposely made that model obsolete with Itunes, and i could no longer connect it with the software or add/remove music with it.

It did work great, but they purposely make their items obsolete so you buy their newer shit.

My iPod is before the touch screens, lol.
I wonder what would happen if I plugged it in to my PC?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Is iTunes still a thing with all the other options out there now a days?
I cant remember the last time I used my iPod or Itunes. When I'm listening to music on my iPad its usually Pandora.

There really isn't any good option for managing a huge music library. Apps have tried, most fail to do the job anywhere near as well as iTunes. There are some paid alternatives but you don't get the library management features unless you pay, and their ability to sync to an iPhone is often tied to having iTunes installed on the machine anyways. I've tried ditching.

I utilize smart playlists, ratings, and make heavy use of music tags to create living playlists. Much of these advanced features aren't available.

The one app that DID kick iTunes ass is dead as a door nail. Winamp's library management is still top notch. Its just dead though.

What I'm really hoping is that Plex gets its act together in regards to music library curation. Right one one key feature they are missing is smart playlists. With the ability to stream music from home, and cache it on my phone, I could completely ditch iTunes and never need to sync music again ever. But while I can filter, and save live filters, the advanced sorting and presentation of the music is lacking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info