PayPal adding B.S. fees ?

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
I paid somebody as a GIFT , and got charged 3% of $600. At first I thought it was taxes (which they never did before) . IT IS NOT TAXES . They stuck me for $17 before I realized it .

PayPal blamed it on the card companies . Not true . Card company does not add the charge . PayPal does .

Paypal now charges you if you use a card . Wtf Everybody uses a card . That's why people use PayPal I asked how you can pay without getting charged . They said send it through the mail . Wtf

So I'm guessing if you pay someone regularly on PayPal , and not as a a GIFT , you will get the fee added on too .

WTF .

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
I paid somebody as a GIFT , and got charged 3% of $600. At first I thought it was taxes (which they never did before) . IT IS NOT TAXES . They stuck me for $17 before I realized it .

PayPal blamed it on the card companies . Not true . Card company does not add the charge . PayPal does .

Paypal now charges you if you use a card . Wtf Everybody uses a card . That's why people use PayPal I asked how you can pay without getting charged . They said send it through the mail . Wtf

So I'm guessing if you pay someone regularly on PayPal , and not as a a GIFT , you will get the fee added on too .

WTF .
I thought it was always like that if you did NOT transfer out of your bank account. I've always paid family and friends out of my bank account and got zero fees. * Transfers made using your linked bank account are always free and are usually deposited the next business day"

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007

WTF .

This happened to me when I bought a members GenV sbout 1.5 years ago. That's when I figured it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info