Family of man fatally shot by Chicago cop files wrongful death lawsuit against city

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
So he did have a gun, and has a long record.... Im more concerned how they can't seem to control the scene more than I am the dead criminal who had a gun.

All these idiots running loose yelling things and causing chaos around a crime scene at 1:50 in the afternoon on a Wednesday.

Idk. But he may have dropped it before he tried to scale the fence.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I guess the video is edited. It starts right when the cop shoots him. We don’t see what happened before that.

I think the guy tossed the gun and then tried to climb the fence.

Is there no audio for the first 30 seconds in that video?

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
What relevance does this have to the shooting? Did the cop know of his long record before the ensuing chase? Does it somehow justify it?

It's relevant because i get a kick out of the bleeding hearts for people like that.

Gets tiring hearing the outcry for criminals who spent their entire lives hurting people, stealing, raping, murdering, and so on, only to beg for justice and money when something happens to them. Where is that justice and payout for all their victims? All we hear on the news about cops are stories like this, and it always turns out the person involved is a complete shitbag who got a taste of his own medicine. Publicly releasing stories like this is just another media ploy to piss people off and cause more of a divide.

As a civilian, thats my opinion. As a police officer, i certainly would not have handled it the way this guy did if he didn't have a gun in his hand. But i'm not going to lose sleep over it either.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
There’s a second video in the article, where you can hear 4 gunshots.

He a good boy!
Granton had two convictions for robbery and theft and several arrests on suspicion of trespassing and drug possession. His last arrest was in 2016, records show.

But his family said that with the birth of two daughters in recent years, Granton had put his criminal behavior in the past.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
At the end of the day, this guy did play a stupid game and therefore won his stupid prize.

The shooting doesn't seem justified to me based on the limited knowledge we've been given, and the police/city will have to deal with that, but it doesn't change the fact that this guy put himself in this lousy situation.

If I were the judge, I'd fire the cop and bar him from being a law enforcement officer going forward and then I'd throw out the lawsuit.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
It's relevant because i get a kick out of the bleeding hearts for people like that.

Gets tiring hearing the outcry for criminals who spent their entire lives hurting people, stealing, raping, murdering, and so on, only to beg for justice and money when something happens to them. Where is that justice and payout for all their victims? All we hear on the news about cops are stories like this, and it always turns out the person involved is a complete shitbag who got a taste of his own medicine. Publicly releasing stories like this is just another media ploy to piss people off and cause more of a divide.

As a civilian, thats my opinion. As a police officer, i certainly would not have handled it the way this guy did if he didn't have a gun in his hand. But i'm not going to lose sleep over it either.

Cops are not judges, juries, and executioners. Their job is to uphold the law only. We live in a country where you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Count me in the minority here apparently, but I'd rather people be brought to justice alive, because we are a civilized country and a civilized people. No one is defending the actions of the criminal (at least in here), but at no point did the man deserve to be shot and killed. And all victims, and their families, are entitled to civil suits for wrongful death or whatever the crime may be. From the looks of this, this criminal, is the VICTIM of a wrongful death. It actually is possible to be a perpetrator and a victim...

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
There’s a second video in the article, where you can hear 4 gunshots.

He a good boy!
Granton had two convictions for robbery and theft and several arrests on suspicion of trespassing and drug possession. His last arrest was in 2016, records show.

But his family said that with the birth of two daughters in recent years, Granton had put his criminal behavior in the past.

^^^this^^^, there is a second video, from the other block when the foot chase started.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
I’ll just leave this here.....

acd32e150df7edbfd47ce941ab990ad4.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Cops are not judges, juries, and executioners. Their job is to uphold the law only. We live in a country where you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Count me in the minority here apparently, but I'd rather people be brought to justice alive, because we are a civilized country and a civilized people. No one is defending the actions of the criminal (at least in here), but at no point did the man deserve to be shot and killed. And all victims, and their families, are entitled to civil suits for wrongful death or whatever the crime may be. From the looks of this, this criminal, is the VICTIM of a wrongful death. It actually is possible to be a perpetrator and a victim...

Which is why I can't be a LEO. Half the population on the south side would be wiped out by me just for them being stupid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info