Recomend me a top load washing machine

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Long story short we have a 6-7yr old front loader. Wife always hated it (she picked it out) but hates it even more now. She has always complained about mildew smell if you don’t leave door open when not in use or if clothes left in too long after wash completes. Now it has developed a small leak at the door. It’s a gasket but looks to be a MFer to replace. Sears wants $350 to replace it,lmfao. She wants a new top load washer......happy wife/happy life. We don’t need a top of the line unit with 25 settings. Her only request is it’s 4.8 or bigger. Would like to spend under a grand, hopefully in the $600-$750 range.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I compared top loader features and bought the one that was on a good sale and featured more options than others in its price range. Ratings were good, too.

I figure any machine, especially in the under $1K range, is a crapshoot so take the one that's on sale.

I bought a GE just because it was like $250 off regular price. So far, so good.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I have 2 Maytags.
The one at the shop is a 1985 and the one at the cabin is about 10-15 years old.
Both are still working fine, knock on wood.

I love the newer one, compared to the old one that has zero features, this thing is sweet,
I would bet the newest models would wax your truck & make supper while it washes clothes :p

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My 2 cents, stay away from Samsung. My Samsung top loader (4 yrs old at the time) experienced a component failure that caused over $50k water damage to my house / personal belongings.

That sucks, good thing mine is in the basement.
We are going to go to Best Buy to look at the LG Deezul and Cobra have today.
Have a few friends who also have a LG and very happy with them.
They have another LG very similar to the one they posted that is a 5.0 and about $180 cheaper. Wifey doesnt think we need a 5.2 with that many options. But I'm willing to bet she will want the 5.2 after seeing them, lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

I have 2 Maytags.
The one at the shop is a 1985 and the one at the cabin is about 10-15 years old.
Both are still working fine, knock on wood.

I love the newer one, compared to the old one that has zero features, this thing is sweet,
I would bet the newest models would wax your truck & make supper while it washes clothes :p

The one from 85 was built when companies still built shit to last. Dont think anyone does that now a days.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

The dryer lasted a long ass time also, probably threw that away 2-3 years ago.
It still worked fine, but the drum bearings were worn out and it was flopping around.

I came home from work one day and found my wife washing clothes in the bath tub because she didn't want to walk 1-2 blocks to the laundromat.
So I went straight to the store and got her the pair.
They were the cheapest no feature models, but damn did they last a long time!!!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So cocksucking Best Buy is supposed to deliver today, waited 3 weeks. Talked to them last week to confirm delivery today so I can set my schedule to be home. Told yes I was confirmed and would be called the day prior to narrow window down to 2-3hrs. Never rcvd that call yesterday, so I just called them to make sure they are still coming. Was told my delivery was cancelled and soonest they can get me rescheduled is next week. I ask why it was cancelled and they dont have an answer, offered me "I'm sorry and I will send you a $50 GC". My reply, fuck your $50GC thats a slap in the face and please cancel my order. So back to the drawing board....smfh

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
That sucks. I had no problem with ordering/delivery from Lowes. Took a few days for the delivery not 3 weeks.
Thats why I'm so fucking pissed. 3 week wait time for delivery then they pull this shit today. Spent over $2k with protection plans and the actual appliances, told them I took 1/2 day off work (i can work from home, but they dont need to know that) and you offer me a $50 gift card.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Maytag/Whirlpool makes the majority of our Kenmore stuff.

I wouldn't say not to buy anything from us, but I would keep it to basic stuff. If you just want a simple, industrial grade top loader, that doesn't have fancy electronics or other gizmos/gadgets, you can't go wrong with;

- Kenmore
- GE
- Maytag/Whirlpool (obviously as that's what Kenmore is)

If you want something fancy, stay away from those and stick to the LG's, Samsung's, etc.

With that said, I have a basic set of Kenmore (washer and dryer), at the old house that I use for my heavy/greasy stuff. They're probably 25 years old. We bought them in the 90's replacing the Kenmore stuff that they had bought in the 70's. So that's another 20 - 25 years roughly...

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
So cocksucking Best Buy is supposed to deliver today, waited 3 weeks. Talked to them last week to confirm delivery today so I can set my schedule to be home. Told yes I was confirmed and would be called the day prior to narrow window down to 2-3hrs. Never rcvd that call yesterday, so I just called them to make sure they are still coming. Was told my delivery was cancelled and soonest they can get me rescheduled is next week. I ask why it was cancelled and they dont have an answer, offered me "I'm sorry and I will send you a $50 GC". My reply, fuck your $50GC thats a slap in the face and please cancel my order. So back to the drawing board....smfh

Didnt [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] have a similar story?

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Should've taken the card then cancelled.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info