TV Recommendation

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm looking to get a cheap-ish TV for my girlfriend. It will be a bedroom TV, but she does use it often. I was thinking of doing one sized in the 40's.

I did some basic Google searching, but its hard to tell which are just paid ads veiled as reviews these days.

She said she wanted a Roku TV, so I found one that had decent reviews, and is about the price I was thinking. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Or have a better suggestion? Was looking to stay in the $300 range.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYGISTO/?tag=tcg21-20

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have a 40" sony from like 2010 in my room and it's been great, still a decent picture and gets used every single night with a 4 hour sleep timer. Been thinking about upgrading it and moving the sony to the garage though since it's not a smart TV.

Those TCL's pretty decent? They have a 75" 4K Roku version at Costco for $1,500 I was thinking about buying for my basement. Doesn't need to be crazy great picture just something relatively acceptable. I don't have hardly any 4K channels on DirecTv and I'm not a movie/ sports person so I don't care too too much for it at this point.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I have a 40" sony from like 2010 in my room and it's been great, still a decent picture and gets used every single night with a 4 hour sleep timer. Been thinking about upgrading it and moving the sony to the garage though since it's not a smart TV.

Those TCL's pretty decent? They have a 75" 4K Roku version at Costco for $1,500 I was thinking about buying for my basement. Doesn't need to be crazy great picture just something relatively acceptable. I don't have hardly any 4K channels on DirecTv and I'm not a movie/ sports person so I don't care too too much for it at this point.

They just launched a 5 & 6 series 2018 version of these. So the S (now 5) and P (now 6) series are pretty cheap.

I know Rakuten has the 49S405 for $329, 20% off sitewide right now, & eBates does 4% cash back on that site. I ordered both my 49s405 and my 55p607 from them, no issues. The P series won best budget TV of 2017 by a ton of different reviewers.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4FQB8S/?tag=tcg21-20

This is $289 and I was thinking of getting it for my basement to get rid of the 60'' plasma I have down here. (It's not Roku, but has FireTV which is what we use in the bedroom right now.)

Roku > FireTV IMO. Roku has 99.99999999% of all the streaming apps, without any weird omissions like when AppleTV didn't have Amazon Video for the longest time or how Amazon ditched YouTube natively.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Have had no issues with my TCL tv... TCL 55S405 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTGM5I9/?tag=tcg21-20

Only thing 4K I use is YouTube and some amazon video stuff, but it certainly looks amazing. My only gripe is it’s a pain to nearly route the wires behind the TV as the come out at weird angles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info