Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its finally happening.

Halo TV Show Coming to Showtime, Starts Filming in 2019

Showtime has just announced that they’re adapting the mega-popular Xbox video game series Halo into a TV show, and it will begin shooting early next year. That sound you’re hearing? That’s the sound of fans’ heads exploding all over the damn world. Read on for more info about the Halo TV show below.

According to a press release, Kyle Killen (Awake) will executive produce and serve as the series’ showrunner. Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes of the show and executive produce. Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television is involved along with Showtime and Microsoft/343 Industries.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Wonder what their budget is gonna be. Can't wait for casting. They really need to nail Master Chief and I have no idea who could play him.

Always with a helmet have Steve Dowes voice him. :)

Cortana is CGI, so have Jen Taylor voice her.

Halo has had a few movies/webthings.

I've got most of them except for Halo: Legends.

Halo: Forward Unto Dawn (live action)
Halo: The Fall of Reach (strange comic style animation)
Halo: Nightfall (live action)

and the brief Halo 3: Landfall short which is too short to be considered anything with plot, but not a bad attempt at fleshing out a live action universe.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We have our Master Chief :run:

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/...to-play-master-chief-in-showtimes-halo-series

Showtime has found their Master Chief! The network has announced that Pablo Schreiber (13 Hours, American Gods, Orange Is the New Black) will be playing the iconic Spartan super soldier and humanity’s last hope against the alien Covenant in Showtime’s upcoming Halo series.

Otto Bathurst (Robin Hood, Peaky Blinders, Black Mirror) will be directing Showtime’s adaptation of the popular video game Halo in the upcoming series. Based on the award-winning and record-shattering Xbox franchise, the 10-episode season will be written by Kyle Killen (Awake) who is also set as the showrunner, and executive producer.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And we have our Cortana. After Californication, I love her so much. This casting has me rock hard. She'll also play Dr. Halsey.

Ag0sjoz.jpg

Reactions: cap42

Thread Info