Wolf pack in Illinois?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago Tribune seems to disagree saying only a few sightings north. WHICH IS IT

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Pages/IllinoisDNRUSFWSClarifyStatusofGrayWolvesinIllinois.aspx

back from 2012 from the DNR

In the past 10 years, Illinois hunters and others have encountered wolves in the state on various occasions, including a wolf struck by a car in McHenry County near Chain Of Lakes State Park in 2005. The potential for range expansion will continue as long as habitat and food sources are available.

but i think the main point is they are now saying a PACK might be in IL, vs a stray one or two roaming around.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
There are some big ass coyotes out there but a big difference between a big coyote being maybe 60 lbs on the high end, and a 100lb Wolf, the house I grew up in was pretty deep country we had several coyote packs around they would chase my dog at night in the yard they were nearly as big as him at 75lbs some sort of hybrid dog coyote mixes I believe

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Big coyotes or hybrid coy wolves? I’ve been 15-20 feet from those things behind my house in Elgin and I’m pretty sure [MENTION=10801]Ti28[/MENTION] has seen them too.

I've been up-close and personal with coyotes and coywolf. Have heard wolves at night up north.

Right now our yoti population over here isn't looking to pretty. Two of the normal's have mange and another one caught lead poisoning a few months back.

I got persimmon to hunt in the corn fields surrounding the house last year. Was out scouting a spot for fall goose and duck when that fucker popped it's head out, came back the next day at the same time and bam!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info