midnight

JEyIZqM.png

5yxVrkf.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
WOW THAT IS SICK!!! I am sure these pics do no justice to the beauty that Alaska is. That had to be amazing

they don't, just like most NEATURE pics, you can't get a feel for the sheer size and distance of everything. if that makes any sense. it's just so big.

I have a cousin that lives just outside of Fairbanks, it’s a dream of mine to expedition road trip up there. So jealous!

yeah, i'd love love love to drive up there, but i think to do it, you'd want at least 5-6 weeks round trip to do it right.

Yeah seriously, Alaska definitely one of those places on my list. That looks fucking incredible

yep. it was incredible.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Amazing pictures!

Did you drive up there? That is a road trip bucket list for myself.

no, flew luckily.

this is why i say you'd want 5-6 weeks to do it right.

i mean, it's fucking far.

stupid fucking far.

most of the pics were taken from homer alaska or the drive from anchorage to homer.

so... chicago to homer alaska is 3800 miles, one way... 62 hours.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chi...94ed71e773bb!2m2!1d-151.5483333!2d59.6425!3e0

i mean, 6- ten hour days of driving one way? that would blow donkey dick, especially just to do it right back. i really never realized it was that far

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
no, flew luckily.

this is why i say you'd want 5-6 weeks to do it right.

i mean, it's fucking far.

stupid fucking far.

most of the pics were taken from homer alaska or the drive from anchorage to homer.

so... chicago to homer alaska is 3800 miles, one way... 62 hours.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chi...94ed71e773bb!2m2!1d-151.5483333!2d59.6425!3e0

i mean, 6- ten hour days of driving one way? that would blow donkey dick, especially just to do it right back. i really never realized it was that far

lol wow that is insane when you break it down, that is motor home territory right there

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My wife and I are going next month for a wedding. We are staying a few days in Anchorage and a few days in Gridwood, for the wedding.

im assuming the wedding is at Alyeska resort?

just before you turn for girdwood, there's a bbq place that is pretty tasty.

we stayed a night at alyeska... it was really awesome.

the hotel was odd in that it felt like they wanted to be a "fancy world class resort" but... the employees just didn't seem to give a shit :rofl:

nice place though. of course take the tram up... we ate at the restaurant up top and it was awesome.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My brother was stationed in Fairbanks for 3 years and unfortunately we never made it up there. He drove there from Georgia, and said the drive up was gorgeous.
His wife and kids loved living up there.
Just curious as to what the weather was? Lady in one of the pics is a bundled up.

that's awesome that he got to be up there.

for one, blow up the pic, i think you might be lookin at a statue :rofl:

but. weather was awesome... everyone told us though that it was unreal weather and not typical... around 60-70* highs... and i mean daylight like, always. :rofl:

we were supposed to just get rained on the entire time and we planned for it, but it didn't.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
that's awesome that he got to be up there.

for one, blow up the pic, i think you might be lookin at a statue :rofl:

but. weather was awesome... everyone told us though that it was unreal weather and not typical... around 60-70* highs... and i mean daylight like, always. :rofl:

we were supposed to just get rained on the entire time and we planned for it, but it didn't.
No shit it is a statue, lmfao!!!!

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
im assuming the wedding is at Alyeska resort?

just before you turn for girdwood, there's a bbq place that is pretty tasty.

we stayed a night at alyeska... it was really awesome.

the hotel was odd in that it felt like they wanted to be a "fancy world class resort" but... the employees just didn't seem to give a shit :rofl:

nice place though. of course take the tram up... we ate at the restaurant up top and it was awesome.

No it's at an old mine I believe. I know not at the resort. We, along with almost everyone else, went through airbnb and found places much cheaper than the resort. We plan on sticking around that area Sunday to site see and all that before heading back into Anchorage.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1. Holy shit, someone who understands cropping and composition.
2. Absolutely gorgeous
3. Why arent you fighting any bears?

1. thank you, panorama mode on my sweet S7 galaxy helps :rofl:

2. completely. you'd dig it. you should go west still.

3. i didn't get to unfortunately. wrasssled the shit out of some moose and otters though. lil bitches.

otters are fucking awesome i must mention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info