Police release body cam video of woman's arrest at New Jersey beach

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

This is gonna seem crazy but look at :57 or so and notice what's beside her when she shoves him and then notice what's beside her after the camera is revealed again. It looks like they're in a totally different spot. Looking at the cell phone video seems to support that.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
People get too comfortable on the beach...its public property and cops have the rights to use any law in the book to get you on anything when on the beach.

Although I think the violence wasnt necessary, and the cop could of just stayed near her the entire time she was on the phone if he really wanted to settle this peacefully. Instead he got fed up from her not listening and took the aggressive route..

She was correct on the name issue. In New Jersey, you are not required to provide name or ID to police unless they have a court summons that they are issuing to you.....so IMO the cop jumped the gun and has limited patience.

But you cant hit them back or fight, let them arresst you under false pretenses and then you'll win in court fairly easily with a halfway decent lawyer.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
I dont see any reason at all the cop should have been whaling on the back of her head like that. 2 fucking cops cant handle a drunk 120lb chick, then they have issues. I'm not a cop and I promise you I coulda hand her cuffed or subdued by myself in less time.

Didn’t watch the video, I can tell you this..... just because it’s a female and they weigh a buck twenty, that doesn’t mean they are easy to arrest.

I don’t think I would be making any guarantees that you could cuff anyone without any type of training. Put someone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and you may be surprised how much effort is involved in making and arrest.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Didn’t watch the video, I can tell you this..... just because it’s a female and they weigh a buck twenty, that doesn’t mean they are easy to arrest.

I don’t think I would be making any guarantees that you could cuff anyone without any type of training. Put someone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and you may be surprised how much effort is involved in making and arrest.
Thats fair, but I like my chances.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
She couldn’t handle alcohol

I dont see any reason at all the cop should have been whaling on the back of her head like that. 2 fucking cops cant handle a drunk 120lb chick, then they have issues. I'm not a cop and I promise you I coulda hand her cuffed or subdued by myself in less time.

Actually she wasn’t drinking, passed the breathalyzer and the alcohol wasn’t open.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/05/28/us/new-jersey-beach-arrest/index.html

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Watched the vid, failure to comply, evading arrest, assault, she owned everything she got.

Shut the hell up, follow directions, and if you are in the right or wrong, it will go much better.
Run your idiot mouth, act like an entitlement whore and you get what you deserve.
Like the idiot black lady that refused to roll down her window and show ID after breaking some traffic law.
IIRC, they broke the window and dragged her entitlement whore ass to jail!!!!

Even if you are in the right, are you really that stupid to think you will win!!!!!!
That's why they have judges & internal affairs.
If the guy is a bad cop, you are going to get your ass handed to you,
if he's a good cop, you probably did something wrong so what the hell does fighting, spitting, running your mouth get you.

I know it's 99.9999999% good cops, so follow directions and BS like that will very rarely happen.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I don't think I've ever seen a video where someone resisted arrest and the cop gave up and went on his/her way. Is that really what these people think will happen?

I've seen a few, but only when the cop knew he was in the wrong, or told by a supervisor to let the person go.

If the CNN article is right (who knows, fake news), then I think the cop is in trouble. It doesn't seem like she did anything wrong and the cops escalated the situation into violence, as they frequently do. She was within her rights not to disclose her name since she did nothing wrong and was breaking no laws. They verified that she wasn't drinking via the breathalyzer and the containers were unopened. So what if she was rude to them. It's not against the law. It seems like another contempt of cop issue. Again, according to the CNN article. Also, I have no sound here so I couldn't hear the video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info