BIG changes to Best Buy...

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Fry's and Micro Center seem to be doing very well. Every time I go in it's pretty busy. And they price match Amazon so if you want it that day for that price, you can get it.

They also are what Best Buy used to be. Everything Best Buy has now except an entire half of the store is PC parts/DIY stuff (Fry's) or the whole store is PC parts and DIY with a small quadrant of assembled rigs/Mac store (Micro Center).

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
LOL

OH A NEW LOGO! HEADING OUT TO BEST BUY NOW!!!

I know a university that just tried to increase enrollment by changing the logo....lowest enrollment in years and now the school is in a couple million of debt because of the rebranding.

I see the same happening to Best Buy. Just wasting money on rebranding with nothing to show for it. Shoulda spent that money on undercutting web prices and bring in foot traffic. Cant sell them those $25 usb cables if they never enter the store.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Wow you'd think if they were going to change the logo, it'd be a bit more drastic.

As for Fry's, I bitch all the time about their electronics components section disappearing and generally not being stocked with anything... but they do what BestBuy used to do, better. MicroCenter is great too. But both those chains are real far away for me now. It used to be nice working about five to ten minutes away from each.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This was Best Buy's demise. Monster audio cables; they'd charge like $75 for 6 foot RCA cables.
When I worked at best buy, the week before I quit I went in and filled a cart with cables. It was like 3k worth of cables and ended up being $300 after my discount. The markup is insane on cables. 50ft cat5 cable...25$, employee price (cost + 5%) 1.55$.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
When I worked at best buy, the week before I quit I went in and filled a cart with cables. It was like 3k worth of cables and ended up being $300 after my discount. The markup is insane on cables. 50ft cat5 cable...25$, employee price (cost + 5%) 1.55$.

And online still prolly would have cost you half. :rofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Fry's and Micro Center seem to be doing very well. Every time I go in it's pretty busy. And they price match Amazon so if you want it after a drive for that price, you can get it.

They also are what Best Buy used to be. Everything Best Buy has now except an entire half of the store is PC parts/DIY stuff (Fry's) or the whole store is PC parts and DIY with a small quadrant of assembled rigs/Mac store (Micro Center).

PC components are one of the few things i'll go to a store and buy. if a component is bad out of the box i can drive to a store and return it.
i drive past frys and best buy to go to microcenter. they always have what i need and at a great price. customer service there is great too despite how busy they are.
frys stock has been pretty pathetic lately. my mouse bit the dust last month so i decided to make a quick stop at frys. nothing was in stock and the shelves were trashed. i couldnt get anyone to check for stock either. ended up driving to MC and getting what i wanted.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Fry's and Micro Center seem to be doing very well. Every time I go in it's pretty busy. And they price match Amazon so if you want it after a drive for that price, you can get it.

MicroCenter is ftw for computer components. They are worth the drive and they've saved me several times while on a job where I needed something right away. Just recently I needed a mSATA to M.2 adapter, I figured no one will have that except online.. Newegg or Amazon. Nope.... 4 in stock at the Westmont MicroCenter :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
budlight.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info