Golden State Killer Suspect Arrested

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Patton Oswalt says late wife deserves credit in Golden State Killer case

Comedian Patton Oswalt congratulated his late wife for her determined work on the Golden State Killer case, telling her she deserves credit — even if authorities never give it to her.
“The cops are never gonna say it, [but] your book helped get this thing closed,” he said on Instagram Wednesday night.
Sacramento police announced Wednesday they finally nabbed the elusive killer – responsible for murdering at least 12 people and raping 50 women throughout California in the 1970s and 80s.
Oswalt’s wife, Michelle McNamara had been in the middle of an all-consuming hunt for the killer and her book, “I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer,” when she died in her sleep at 46 in April 2016.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/26/patt...-deserves-credit-in-golden-state-killer-case/

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Patton Oswalt says late wife deserves credit in Golden State Killer case

Comedian Patton Oswalt congratulated his late wife for her determined work on the Golden State Killer case, telling her she deserves credit — even if authorities never give it to her.
“The cops are never gonna say it, [but] your book helped get this thing closed,” he said on Instagram Wednesday night.
Sacramento police announced Wednesday they finally nabbed the elusive killer – responsible for murdering at least 12 people and raping 50 women throughout California in the 1970s and 80s.
Oswalt’s wife, Michelle McNamara had been in the middle of an all-consuming hunt for the killer and her book, “I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer,” when she died in her sleep at 46 in April 2016.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/26/patt...-deserves-credit-in-golden-state-killer-case/

Idk. I don’t trust Patton Oswalt. He’s trying to profit from all this.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
They still haven’t released what made him a suspect in the first place. That’s what I want to know

Golden State Killer: Online DNA Services Caught the Suspect | Time

Relatives of his submitted a genealogy test which was obviously similar to the suspect's DNA. They found Joseph James DeAngelo and collected some of his discarded DNA samples (cigarettes, fountain drinks, whatever you put your mouth on really) were a match to the killers. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I didn't see it in the article posted above about the Online DNA service that they used, but I found it in another article. It's GEDMatch.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/dna-analysis-led-golden-state-220259415.html

First Paragraph in the article;
As more details emerge about the arrest of the man suspected to be the Golden State Killer, it's clear that one of the most infamous unsolved cases of all-time was cracked using a popular free online genealogy database.

The site, known as GEDmatch, is a popular resource for people who have obtained their own DNA through readily available consumer testing services and want to fill in missing portions their family tree conduct further analyses. Compared to a polished service like 23andMe, GEDmatch is an open platform lacking the same privacy and legal restrictions that govern user data on more mainstream platforms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info