Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Off Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree18983Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #10001
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

sure they can save you from major shit but plenty of times shit won't hit them.

i'd also add never ever buy a rental or something that was a rental.
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #10002
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 7,641
Casino cash: $14822000
2.00 per day
Default

I think I'm gonna try the Crystal Lake emissions test facility today. Gotta get the GTO tested, and I really don't plan on having it out again before month end, which is when the registration expires.

Usually I go to the Schaumburg one by Speed Inc.
__________________


Cool GM products
2004 Pontiac GTO - Mods? Yes.
2006 Cadillac STS-V - Mods? Yes.
2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Stock for now
2009 Chevrolet Impala SS - Stock
1999 Chevrolet Suburban - Plow beast

Shitty Chrysler Products
2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum Stow-N-Go owns all
2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Stow-N-Go owns all
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #10003
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

c-lake will be dead as shit today
Chester Copperpot likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #10004
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 7,641
Casino cash: $14822000
2.00 per day
Default

That's kinda what I was hoping for. In and out.
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #10005
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

that's where i take our work stuff and yeah if there's 3-5 cars ahead of you id be surprised
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #10006
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 7,641
Casino cash: $14822000
2.00 per day
Default

Nice. I ALWAYS forget, then I have to go on Saturday's when it's a clusterfuck, and I have a catless, heads and cammed engine loping away in heat for 45 minutes to an hour...
Yaj Yak and Blood on Blood like this.
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #10007
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 34,934
Casino cash: $104619300
6.89 per day
Default

Lunch?
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #10008
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 34,934
Casino cash: $104619300
6.89 per day
Default

Salmon w/ spinach, broccoli, carrots salad
Marko likes this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #10009
 
Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,208
Casino cash: $65233175
2.97 per day
Default

Damn

Marko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #10010
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 7,641
Casino cash: $14822000
2.00 per day
Default

Isn't that in Gibraltar?
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #10011
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
sure they can save you from major shit but plenty of times shit won't hit them.

i'd also add never ever buy a rental or something that was a rental.


K
__________________
send me a pm if you are wanting to buy a new ford or a pre driven vehicle
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #10012
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

oh sorry the car salesman knows all.
Marko likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #10013
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,229
Casino cash: $34195698
4.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmntmxr57 View Post
I think I'm gonna try the Crystal Lake emissions test facility today. Gotta get the GTO tested, and I really don't plan on having it out again before month end, which is when the registration expires.

Usually I go to the Schaumburg one by Speed Inc.

No longer know anyone at the stations from when I worked there... Still keep in touch with a few of the higher ups though....
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #10014
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 7,641
Casino cash: $14822000
2.00 per day
Default

I just, for some reason, don't feel like driving in to Schaumburg. They're probably about the same distance. Maybe it's just a change of scenery thing.

What sucks, is when we bought our house in Elgin in 2005, they had a test facility a half mile away in South Elgin. Then they closed that.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA likes this.
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #10015
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

To elaborate in case anyone cares on why I say don't buy rentals, and carfax doesn't pick up everything.... i'll continue... don't really care if this helps one person or twenty, but hopefully it helps someone...



Big rental company is self insured. what's that mean? they're baller enough to not carry insurance on fucking anything.

neat.

why's this matter? well when tina soccer mom crashes her sweet new explorer and gets tossed into a new dodge grand caravan, that E bought for 12k brand new, and then tina forgets she's in a van and backs into a telephone pole, damaging the car, guess where that vehicle goes to get fixed?

E's privately contracted shops- getting directly paid from e themselves.

guess who never finds out about that car being damaged or anything- insurance companies and carfax.

guess what is paid to those shops to get vehicles fixed?





guess where corners get cut HARDCORE repairing cars?

these shops. vehicles get overspray, rarely repaired with oem parts if ever i'd bet, and well, put back together for as little as possible, as quickly as possible.

all the while, carfax never being anythefuckingwiser to fucking anything that happened to this.

and so why do i say carfax doesn't catch everything?

easy. these instances- as i said- carfax will have no fucking idea about... furthermore though- you take your vehicle in because soccer mom tina backed into your car, ditched without leaving her info, and now you are deciding between using your insurance or going and paying on your own

OH HEY WEIRD when you paid on your own, that doesn't show up either.

but yeah. carfax is neat.

guspech750 likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #10016
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,229
Casino cash: $34195698
4.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmntmxr57 View Post
I just, for some reason, don't feel like driving in to Schaumburg. They're probably about the same distance. Maybe it's just a change of scenery thing.

What sucks, is when we bought our house in Elgin in 2005, they had a test facility a half mile away in South Elgin. Then they closed that.

I know, I stripped the equipment out of it.


I was there when they implemented the IM240 test (running the cars on the dynomometer) installing all the equipment, became a technician to work on the equipment, then became senior technician for all 28 Chicagoland stations.


A lot of windshield time going from station to station to fix shit. The worst was being at the Crystal lake or Volo station and hearing there was a service call for the Chicago Heights station.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #10017
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 7,641
Casino cash: $14822000
2.00 per day
Default

Oh gawd, I remember almost getting into a fist fight with someone insisting on putting my Bravada on those rollers for the IM240.
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #10018
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
oh sorry the car salesman knows all.


K
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #10019
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
To elaborate in case anyone cares on why I say don't buy rentals, and carfax doesn't pick up everything.... i'll continue... don't really care if this helps one person or twenty, but hopefully it helps someone...







Big rental company is self insured. what's that mean? they're baller enough to not carry insurance on fucking anything.



neat.



why's this matter? well when tina soccer mom crashes her sweet new explorer and gets tossed into a new dodge grand caravan, that E bought for 12k brand new, and then tina forgets she's in a van and backs into a telephone pole, damaging the car, guess where that vehicle goes to get fixed?



E's privately contracted shops- getting directly paid from e themselves.



guess who never finds out about that car being damaged or anything- insurance companies and carfax.



guess what is paid to those shops to get vehicles fixed?











guess where corners get cut HARDCORE repairing cars?



these shops. vehicles get overspray, rarely repaired with oem parts if ever i'd bet, and well, put back together for as little as possible, as quickly as possible.



all the while, carfax never being anythefuckingwiser to fucking anything that happened to this.



and so why do i say carfax doesn't catch everything?



easy. these instances- as i said- carfax will have no fucking idea about... furthermore though- you take your vehicle in because soccer mom tina backed into your car, ditched without leaving her info, and now you are deciding between using your insurance or going and paying on your own



OH HEY WEIRD when you paid on your own, that doesn't show up either.



but yeah. carfax is neat.





Do u suggest autocheck ?
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #10020
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Would u buy a rebuilt or salvaged vehicle ?
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #10021
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Do u suggest autocheck ?
i didn't suggest shit other than saying carfax doesn't catch everything always.

i know i flipped your world upside down here with some long sentences but you're keeping up I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Would u buy a rebuilt or salvaged vehicle ?


100% depends on the situation.

if it was something that i knew what happened to it, was fixed properly, and i never really cared about selling again, sure. absolutely.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #10022
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 28,489
Casino cash: $10721400
8.86 per day
Default

Sup queers
Yaj Yak likes this.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #10023
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 28,489
Casino cash: $10721400
8.86 per day
Default

Holy fuck this place we're doing the training at is fuckin FANCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Yaj Yak likes this.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #10024
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
i didn't suggest shit other than saying carfax doesn't catch everything always.

i know i flipped your world upside down here with some long sentences but you're keeping up I think.





100% depends on the situation.

if it was something that i knew what happened to it, was fixed properly, and i never really cared about selling again, sure. absolutely.


You seem very angry today u ok ?
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #10025
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

yeah, i'm great!


K?
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts