Fortnite streamer makes 500k A MONTH

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
6 mil a year. There's another guy like him called "Mr. Beast" who pisses away 30k almost every week from some app that sponsors him. Found him in the weird side of YT once.
So much cringe worthy content here too.

Here's him giving to Ninja's charity. Why he asks for donations after making 500k/month is simply atrocious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzGmnjDFuZE

If that didn't make you mad, here's the other guy pissing away 20k.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_XFT4K3N4

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
young people with an influx of new money sure make for some douchey people and behavior. guess it's hard to predict what all our dumbasses would do in the same situation but i'd like to think not be that douchey.

missed they heyday of being actually skilled in gaming when not a stream was to be found. really i'm amazed that many people watch these guys - i'd much rather be playing the game than watching someone else do it. i can kind of see that if someone is young, can't afford a good computer, or the game, and are watching someone who's a badass... but how many of these people are even badasses at the game vs. just being watched for their "entertaining" personalities?

pretty wild there's that much money swimming around.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Minus the hair he seems pretty normal and sounds responsible with the money. Also he is the best at the most popular game in the world right now.

Wonder how the amazon/twitch subscription pay out works. I know I see some people donate stupid amounts of money to some twitch streamers. Was watching a video of Shroud playing PUBG and a dude donated $1000 asking him to play a game with a certain setup. I watch a ton of gameplay on YouTube but couldn’t ever imagine donating money to someone who plays video games.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Minus the hair he seems pretty normal and sounds responsible with the money. Also he is the best at the most popular game in the world right now.

Wonder how the amazon/twitch subscription pay out works. I know I see some people donate stupid amounts of money to some twitch streamers. Was watching a video of Shroud playing PUBG and a dude donated $1000 asking him to play a game with a certain setup. I watch a ton of gameplay on YouTube but couldn’t ever imagine donating money to someone who plays video games.

I just watched shroud the other day first time on twitch and I thought the same damn thing!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I’ve seen streamers on Twitch get huge donations before of 5k or more. Early days when Twitch first came out I used to stream WOT and play guitar in between rounds. I had some crazy dude from the Middle East donate me a legit $500 and I only averaged only 20 viewers max. So it’s totally believable.

Contrary to what most people believe it’s not just sitting there playing a game like you do at home. It’s 6-8 hours a day live and on point and on schedule. Show up late for this job and you will have hundreds or thousands of people shitting on you..lol. You are entertaining people, you have to talk to chat, you need to have something to grab people. The streamer may rely on being really good at a game, they may be funny, they may be assholes to everyone, it could be the streamers point of view on life, or the games they play, or the community the streamer builds.

Then if shit gets big you get partnered and get generally around half the take from each sub. A big streamer with 1k -10k subs each one automatically giving you $2.50 - $15 month. Yeah that’s some stupid cash. Donations are all outside of Twitch. It’s like giving a tip. To even get there you need to have good production. The opening video, logos, emotes, merchandise, secondary site to continue to generate traffic and a place for the community to grow. Also you need to setup a business, get your own insurance and taxes require a fuck ton of work. Even to have a good looking stream you need to have 2 PCs. One is a full on gaming rig and a 2nd rig with a good capture card that is actually streaming. Also don’t forget cameras, lighting, green screen, mics, sound processors, and audio capture. Then have backup plans if anything fails. Many of them have sponsors too. There are really only a handful of streamers making big bucks like that and it’s usually short lived.

basically imagine starting your own cable television channel supported 100% by the viewers and all done yourself. I guarantee all of the streamers actually making a living doing this are really smart and have insane passion and drive. If not they would have never made it.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
When they first came out with the game, the controls were different. Then they made an update and came out with the "pro combat" controls, which switched a lot of people (despite them saying it won't). But you can switch it back.

I got used to the combat pro and it works wonders when you get used to it, but it's a learning curve with the controls.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info