Dog dies after United flight attendant forces it into overhead bin...........

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/dog-dies-after-united-flight-attendant-forces-it-into-overhead-bin/

The Points Guy reports that during their flight, an attendant insisted that the woman put her dog, which was held in a TSA-approved pet carrier, in an overhead bin for the rest of the flight.

Passengers heard barking during the flight, but didn’t learn that the dog had died until the flight was over.

“There was no sound as we landed and opened his kennel,” passenger June Lara writes in a Facebook post. “There was no movement as his family called his name. I held her baby as the mother attempted to resuscitate their 10 month old puppy.”

Gremminger’s and Lara’s posts about the ordeal are now going viral on social media. United is facing online backlash.

According to United’s website, its policy for onboard pets is: “A pet traveling in cabin must be carried in an approved hard-sided or soft-sided kennel. The kennel must fit completely under the seat in front of the customer and remain there at all times.”

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Read this earlier this morning and was sick. That poor animal, dumber owner, and especially idiot flight attendant. United is really racing Spirit for bottom of the shit airlines. I wouldn’t recover from this, and can’t imagine the scene on the aircraft after she pulled her dog from the overhead. Ughhhhhhh.

There was a better article that Fox News put out than the NY Post:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/...passenger-to-put-carrier-in-overhead-bin.html

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
In the Yahoo article , United has killed many pets , this incident though has gone viral . Article says those compartments have no air flow . But the person was told animal would be ok. The attendant made the dog sit in the upper compartment for three hours straight . Said the lady cried in the aisle afterwards and all the passengers were pissed . United has supposedly taken responsibility .

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Assuming the dog was barking/bothering other people which led to the decision to put it in the overhead, it's on the owner, too, for not visiting the vet and getting some tranks.

A puppy dying in an overhead may be as bad bottom line wise as an entire plane crashing. Plenty of people won't ride an airline because they killed a puppy.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Assuming the dog was barking/bothering other people which led to the decision to put it in the overhead, it's on the owner, too, for not visiting the vet and getting some tranks.

A puppy dying in an overhead may be as bad bottom line wise as an entire plane crashing. Plenty of people won't ride an airline because they killed a puppy.

The FA didn’t follow United’s own policy and no where does it state on ANY airline you need to tranquilize your dog to bring it on. I’m not even talking about emotional support animals. As long as it fits in a TSA approved carrier under the seat in front and you pay the airlines fees you’re good to go. People don’t sedate their infants while they cry on an airplane. Sometimes dogs bark, children cry, and people snore. Welcome to traveling. At no point should a dog, animal, or human be put in an overhead compartment, obnoxious or not. You’re making some broad assumptions that aren’t even supported by policies.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

That's still no reason to put a living thing in a confined space with little to no airflow. I've been on 3+ hour flights where a baby cried the entire time. The flight attendants did not make the parents stuff the baby into an overhead bin.

A dog barking is annoying, but no reason to abuse it. This is why I always travel with headphones and also keep ear plugs in my backpack.

Tranquilizers aren't always the answer either. The dog I had growing up used to become mean and irritable the couple times we tried giving her tranquilizers when taking her on road trips.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I'm going to say the owner was 90% at fault here.

Seems like your typical "oh my God someone told me something and it must be true and it must be procedure cause they wouldn't be employed here".

Idiot... Probably too deep into her anti depressants and 50 shades of grey to think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info