Home Automation Build......from scratch

CntrlFreak

Regular
May 2, 2015
So [MENTION=4746]Flyn[/MENTION] aske me to track my home automation build out. At first I thought sure, I have never done a tracking post. Then I though, no one would give a shit. So, even if Flyn reads the first post only I will have put something up. So thete is going to be some long gaps as when i first posted it looked like this.

1519173909903.jpg

1519173945838.jpg

Well, they have moved aling quite a bit. I had my pre drywall walkthrough on Monday things look a bit different.
1519174061806.jpg
1519174134316.jpg

I will post this ladt one of the distribution frame, like i sad lo g way to go.1519174262533.jpg

Stand by

CntrlFreak

Regular
May 2, 2015
i know you're a wizard with this shit, but dumb it down for me real quick on what all you will be controlling with all of this... like security systems, lighting, a/v, music etc? etc?
Got it, sorry i should have mentioned that. Here is the list of whats going to be part of the system.

7.1 home theater
Lighting
HVAC

In the last pic are the wires for motorized window shades on the left and security cameras on the right
Audio distribution
Video distribution
Security

Looking for a toilet module lol, but i think that covers it.

CntrlFreak

Regular
May 2, 2015
Well, control4 is a bad word for me as I work for Crestron lol. I will be starting with DigitalMedia and eventually move to IP because we have that option as well call DM-NVX. There are many options out there but for control most will require a processor and programming. But, that is how you get that clean look you are going for.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Sup bro!?!?!? Long time, missed your face at C&C. The house is underway in......Frisco Texas, i am not gettin a hat or boots before ask btw

What’s up bud?!?! Yeah I’ll be out more often, but not sure that makes a difference.....you out in Texas full time or is this a fun house?

Personally I think you would look great in a hat and boots. Hahahaha

CntrlFreak

Regular
May 2, 2015
Ok so the real work begins. Friday we closed and took possession late that afternoon. After spending the evening sealing grout and floor to the result that my knees are shot!! Insert dick jokes here. I started the build Saturday afternoon. I built this beauty.

IMG_1965.jpg

I started pulling cable Sunday after getting all of my low volt tools and hardware out of my storage unit. It’s at this point I would like to say how good the L/V contractor was..... but I can’t these guys were horrible. Movers are coming Monday (today) and I will follow up with more pics and updates this week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info