Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The answer is a resounding no.

I am however, afraid of falling to my death screaming all the way.

I love rollercoasters, I love other things like them (bungie jumping is fun). I love them because they scare me with the possibility of dying, but if the safety equipment is working, the chance of dying is slim to none. I suppose I like the illusion of danger there.

However these guys? Nope Nope Nope.

Staged as the story may be, and I'm sure they've practiced the different segments until they knew them front to back. There is still nothing between them and imitating a tomato if they screw up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcKkiRl9_qE

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’m terrified of heights. LOL.

6bd99208c6fae7230162e71ad87012a5.jpg

935b7ffa0ad2fefa6f2aabcd720fda53.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin

Last I heard, phone wouldn't even allow their guys to hook anything??
Are you contracting??

I quit climbing about 20 years ago, screw that BS, that's what god made bucket trucks for!!!!

HPIM1353 by J L, on Flickr

I climbed last week and do so whenever I have to, I trust my hooks more than a ladder and gaffs are faster. But with a lot of the new fiber we’re placing we have to use a ladder so we can attach the terminals. It’s Comcast and most of their contractors that aren’t allowed to climb for “liability reasons”.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
I climbed last week and do so whenever I have to, I trust my hooks more than a ladder and gaffs are faster. But with a lot of the new fiber we’re placing we have to use a ladder so we can attach the terminals. It’s Comcast and most of their contractors that aren’t allowed to climb for “liability reasons”.

Never ran into that??
I still see guys climbing once in awhile pulling cables/glass for comcast.
It must be don't do this but hurry up and finish when we're not around.

When I started climbing I didn't have a belt yet, I used a piece of double messenger I tied in a knot.
I was only doing trap changes, so it was up & down quick, nothing that took very long.
When I started tapping, I had a real belt & strap.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I used to work on cell phone towers and water towers. Also would repel off of buildings. I hate ladders though. Would much rather climb a 200 foot tower than work on a 20 foot ladder. It didn't help when a couple workers ladder slipped out while he was next to me and it was fully extended.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info