Has anyone heard the century kitchen & bath commercials on 95.1?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
About how it takes so long, and will cost more than you think, because of all the do it yourself shows.

YEP.

makes me go

giphy.gif

every time i hear it

"going to take longer than you think, going to cost more than you think"

BUT CALL US FOR A KITCHEN REMODEL

what the fuck are they thinking

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
it sounds like they are setting some blunt expectations. I agree not the best customer approach, but I think construction companies thrive more on word of mouth from friends/family based on their workmanship.

Honestly, they aren't really lying, chances are it will take longer and cost more. Its the unforeseen surprises the homeowner nor the builder know about until demo work begins.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it sounds like they are setting some blunt expectations. I agree not the best customer approach, but I think construction companies thrive more on word of mouth from friends/family based on their workmanship.

Honestly, they aren't really lying, chances are it will take longer and cost more. Its the unforeseen surprises the homeowner nor the builder know about until demo work begins.

have you heard it?

how they go about it is terrible. there are SO many better ways to do it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
holy shit, what did it cost :eek3:

did you deal with the people im talking about?

We had our kitchen gutted, kitchen floor pergo removed and replaced with hard wood, family room hard wood floor refinished, and our laundry room redone. It was about $25k for everything. We paid $5k in cash and borrowed $20k from my parents to be paid back in 3 years.

My wife found this company on Facebook via some Bartlett Mom's page. Not only did they do mediocre work, but they hosed us on $600. In the quote it had the backsplash install included in the price. But it wasn't in the contract that we signed. Sure, shame on us for making sure it didn't move from the quote to the actual contract. We said they should honor it as it was in the quote, but they told us too bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info